Uveitis is the comprehensive reference you need for a balanced approach to basic science and clinical application. Robert B. Nussenblatt and Scott M. Whitcup provide a cohesive and integrated discussion of the topic, covering everything from the role of surgery to AIDS to anterior uveitis and more. This new edition even includes full color throughout, 400 photographs and illustrations, and searchable access to the text online at expertconsult.com. Comprehensive yet readable, this resource packs everything you need in patient evaluation and management to achieve optimal results.
- Covers the medical, pharmacological, and surgical treatment of uveitis to serve as a complete overview of all uveitis related information.
- Features multiple chapters on diagnostic approach to help you overcome challenges in making accurate diagnoses.
- Provides additional information on inflammatory eye diseases in chapters on scleritis, masquerade syndromes, and the role of inflammation in other ocular diseases for more comprehensive coverage.
- Includes illustrated case studies to supplement major clinical points and provide insight into real situations that you can apply in practice.
- Highlights important information in key points boxes that make it easy to locate crucial points on each topic.
PART 1: FUNDAMENTALS
Chapter 1 Elements of the Immune System and Concepts of Intraocular
Inﬂammatory Disease Pathogenesis
PART 2: DIAGNOSIS
Chapter 2 Medical History in the Patient with Uveitis
Chapter 3 Examination of the Patient with Uveitis
Chapter 4 Development of a Differential Diagnosis
Chapter 5 Diagnostic Testing
Chapter 6 Evidence-Based Medicine in Uveitis
PART 3: MEDICAL THERAPY AND SURGICAL INTERVENTION
Chapter 7 Philosophy, Goals, and Approaches to Medical Therapy
Chapter 8 Role of Surgery in the Patient with Uveitis
PART 4: INFECTIOUS UVEITIC CONDITIONS
Chapter 9 Bacterial and Fungal Diseases
Chapter 10 Spirochetal Diseases
Chapter 11 Acquired Immunodeﬁciency Syndrome
Chapter 12 Acute Retinal Necrosis and Progressive Outer Retinal Necrosis
Chapter 13 Other Viral Diseases
Chapter 14 Ocular Toxoplasmosis
Chapter 15 Ocular Histoplasmosis
Chapter 16 Toxocara canis
Chapter 17 Onchocerciasis and Other Parasitic Diseases
Chapter 18 Postsurgical Uveitis
PART 5: UVEITIC CONDITIONS NOT CAUSED
BY ACTIVE INFECTION
Chapter 19 Anterior Uveitis
Chapter 20 Scleritis
Chapter 21 Intermediate Uveitis
Chapter 22 Sarcoidosis
Chapter 23 Sympathetic Ophthalmia
Chapter 24 Vogt–Koyanagi–Harada Syndrome
Chapter 25 Birdshot Retinochoroidopathy
Chapter 26 Behçet’s Disease
Chapter 27 Retinal Vasculitis
Chapter 28 Serpiginous Choroidopathy
Chapter 29 White-Dot Syndromes
Chapter 30 Masquerade Syndromes
Chapter 31 Other Ocular Diseases and the Immune Response: Who Would Have Thought?
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2010
- 29th March 2010
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: