Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Focusing from the perspective of the user, Urban Mobility Design investigates how designed mobility and design processes can respond to and drive the emerging social and technological disruptions in the passenger transport sector.
Profound technological advances are changing the mobility expectations of city populations around the world. Transportation design is an under represented research area of urban transportation planning. Urban Mobility Design addresses this gap, providing research-based analysis on current and future needs of urban transportation passengers. The book examines mobility from a uniquely multidisciplinary perspective, involving a variety of innovative design and transportation planning approaches.
- Examines urban mobility from a new perspective
- Coherently combines current research and practice in transport design, technology, mobility, user behaviour experience, and cultural analysis
- Utilizes hands-on experiences with transportation manufacturers, transit operators and engineers to bring a practical view on today’s mobility challenges
- Shows how design approaches to problem solving can influence travel behaviour and improve passenger experience
Urban transportation and planning researchers and graduate students, Urban transportation designers, engineers, and planners, Urban transportation policy- makers in city agencies
1. Introduction – Urban Mobility Design
2. Energy, Package, Culture and Form
3. A Driverless World
4. Accessibility and Design
5. Passenger User Experience
6. Manufacturing Mobility
7. Transforming Future Mobility
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 3rd December 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Selby Coxon, Director of the Mobility Design Lab at Monash University, has thirty years’ experience in Transportation Industrial Design as an academic and practitioner. He’s worked with a wide range of organizations, including the French national railway and Metro Trains Australia.
Director, Mobility Design Lab, Monash University
Robbie Napper, Senior Lecturer at Monash University, researches the design and manufacture of public transportation vehicles, focusing on mass customization, and user-centered experience. He’s worked with British Aerospace and Suncorp Electronics.
Senior Lecturer, Monash University, MADA
Mark Richardson, Lecturer at Monash University, leads research in transitioning to transportation design and production to become more sustainable, resilient, and accessible. He is a former Senior Designer for the Ford Motor Company.
Lecturer, Monash University