- Print ISBN 9780123979476
- Electronic ISBN 9780123984883
Volume 44 of Advances in Child Development and Behavior includes chapters that highlight some the most recent research in the area of embodiment and epigenesis.
A wide array of topics are discussed in detail, including cytoplasmic inheritance redux, emergence, self organization and developmental science, and the evolution of intelligent developmental systems.
Each chapter provides in-depth discussions, and this volume serves as an invaluable resource for developmental or educational psychology researchers, scholars, and students.
Chapters that highlight some of the most recent research in the area.
A wide array of topics are discussed in detail
Embodiment and Epigenesis: A View of the Issues
Richard M. Lerner and Janette B. Benson
- Relationism and Relational-Developmental-Systems: A Paradigm for Developmental Science in the Post-Cartesian Era
Willis F. Overton
- Developmental Systems Theory: What Does it Explain, and How Does It Explain It?
James Tabery and Paul Griffiths
- Emergence, Self Organization and Developmental Science
Gary Greenberg, Kristina Schmid and Megan Kiely Mueller
- The Evolution of Intelligent Developmental Systems
- Embodiment and Agency: Toward a Holistic Synthesis for Developmental Science
David C. Witherington and Shirley Heying
- The Origins of Variation: Evolutionary Insights from Developmental Science
- Cytoplasmic Inheritance Redux
- Evolutionary Psychology: A House Built on Sand
- A Contemporary View of Genes and Behavior: Complex Systems and Interactions
- Genetic Causation: A Cross Disciplinary Inquiry
- Pathways by which the interplay of organismic and environmental factors lead to phenotypic variation within and across generations
- No. of pages:
- © 2013
- 22nd May 2013
- Academic Press
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: