Unified Power Flow Controller Technology and Application provides comprehensive coverage on UPFC technology, providing a range of topics, including design principle, control and protection, and insulation coordination. It summarizes all the most up-to-date research and practical achievements that are related to UPFC and MMC technology, including test techniques for main components, closed-loop test techniques for control and protection systems, and onsite techniques for implementing UPFC projects. The book is an essential reference book for both academics and engineers working in power system protection control, power system planning engineers, and HVDC FACTS related areas.
Readers will not only obtain the detailed information regarding theoretical analysis and practical application of UPFC, but also the control mechanism of advanced MMC technology, both of which are not common topics in previously published books.
- Shows how to use modular multilevel converters (MMC) to implement UPFC that lead to cost-effective and reliable systems
- Draws from the most up-to-date research and practical applications
- Teaches electromechanical/electromagnetic transient simulation techniques and real-time closed-loop simulation test techniques of the MMC based UPFC
Power Engineers, power system engineers, and academics and researchers working in power system protection & control, power system planning, HVDC&FACTS related areas
2. Principle and Application of UPFC
3. Main Components of UPFC
4. Control and Protection Systems for UPFC
5. Modeling and Simulation Techniques of UPFC
6. Overvoltage and Insulation Coordination of UPFC
7. Techniques in Implemental Test for UPFC
8. Engineering Applications of UPFC
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2017
- 21st June 2017
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Yin Jijun is currently General Manager of Jiangsu Electric Power Company. He used to serve as Director of production technology department and General Manager Assistant of Shandong Electric Power Company, Vice General Manager of Henan Electric Power Company, Deputy Director of public relations department and Director of outreach department of State Grid, and General Manager of State Grid Jibei Electric Power Company. He is well known as a technical leader and a researcher who has witnessed China’s rapid development in power systems interconnection during recent years. As a leader, he was in full charge of the Nanjing west power grid UPFC project, which was a national technology demonstration project that implemented the first MMC based UPFC in the world.
General Manager, Jiangsu Electric Power Company