- Contents perfectly matches needs of medical students.
- Very clinical approach is ideally suited to integrated courses.
- Each organ system chapter begins with a brief review of normal structure and function, emphasizing aspects that are important to an understanding of the subsequently discussed disease processes.
- Offers an unrivalled superb collection of clinical photographs, histopathology images, and graphics, approximately 700 in all, that richly depict the appearance of both healthy and diseased tissues.
- Extensive International Advisory Board validates contents.
Index of patient symptoms
PART 1 BASIC PATHOLOGY
1 What is pathology?
2 What is disease?
3 What causes disease?
PART 2 DISEASE MECHANISMS
4 Disorders of growth, differentiation and morphogenesis
5 Responses to cellular injury
6 Disorders of metabolism and homeostasis
7 Ischaemia, infarction and shock
8 Immunology and immunopathology
10 Carcinogenesis and neoplasia
11 Ageing and death
12 How do pathologists help patient care?
PART 3 SYSTEMATIC PATHOLOGY
13 Cardiovascular system
14 Respiratory tract
15 Alimentary system
16 Liver, biliary system and exocrine pancreas
17 Endocrine system
19 Female genital tract
20 Urinary and male genital tracts
21 Kidney diseases
22 Lymph nodes and extranodal lymphoid tissue, spleen and thymus
23 Blood and bone marrow
25 Osteoarticular and connective tissues
26 Central and peripheral nervous systems