- Authoritative content is written by two of the true pioneers in nursing research, who offer unique, first-hand insights into the field.
- Research examples provide practice in working with published studies, with many of the examples including Critical Appraisal and Implications for Practice sections.
- Clear, step-by-step organization introduces the research process and demonstrates how this systematic framework relates to evidence-based practice.
- Strong emphasis on evidence-based practice helps you develop skills in studying and appraising published research, so you are prepared for your role in working with research evidence.
- Critical Appraisal Guidelines boxes provide step-by-step guidance in appraising published research studies.
- Emphasis on critical appraisal versus critique reflects contemporary usage in nursing research and evidence-based practice.
- Balanced coverage of qualitative research prepares you to approach research questions and clinical questions with an unbiased view of the researcher's methodology.
- Presentation of two different appraisal processes covers both the traditional in-depth critical appraisal process that prepares you for graduate-level work in research, and the concise, practice-focused research appraisal process that equips you for quick and accurate evaluation of the applicability of research findings to clinical practice.
1. Introduction to Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
2. Introduction to Quantitative Research
3. Introduction to Qualitative Research
4. Examining Ethics in Nursing Research
5. Research Problems, Purposes, and Hypotheses
6. Understanding and Critically Appraising the Literature Review
7. Understanding Theory and Research Frameworks
8. Clarifying Quantitative Research Designs
9. Examining Populations and Samples in Research
10. Clarifying Measurement and Data Collection in Quantitative Research
11. Understanding Statistics in Research
12. Critical Appraisal of Quantitative and Qualitative Research for Nursing Practice
13. Building an Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
14. Introduction to Outcomes Research
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2014
- 31st October 2014
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Adult Nurse Practitioner, Family Practice, Grand Prairie, Texas
Dean, College of Professional Studies, Oklahoma Christian University, Edmond, Oklahoma; Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Faith Community Nurse, St. Matthew Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Burleson, Texas
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.