Working up a ‘case’ for presentation to the examiner is an integral part of clinical learning. Case presentations give opportunity for applying the knowledge of diseases and the clinical skills for evaluation and management of a patient. This practical application (of theory and clinical skills) is tested in practical examination in clinical subjects like paediatrics. This book helps enabling the logical application of theoretical knowledge and clinical skills in real life situations.
- This book contains details of several real cases, which are common in this part of the world.
- Each case provides description in a standard format and answers to the questions commonly asked at various stages of case presentation.
- Important points for communication with parents/patients are given in every case, which will help in developing communication and counseling skills related to a particular disease or condition.
- It prepares the reader for other components of practical examination in paediatrics, including x-rays, instruments, laboratory reports, and drugs.
- Annexure includes almost all charts required for clinical workup of a paediatric patient.
- Very special feature are case related videos on various topics, MCQs, whiteboard lectures on clinical approach to common conditions.
- In addition, this book comes with complimentary access to enhanced e-book.
SECTION 1 INTRODUCTION TO PRACTICAL EXAMINATION IN PAEDIATRICS
1. Approach to History Taking in Children
2. Approach to History Taking in Neonates
3. Communication Strategies While Dealing With Parents and Paediatrics Patients
4. Assessments and Examinations of Undergraduate Students in Paediatrics
SECTION 2 CLINICAL CASES
PART I. Common Cases in Children
5. Severe Acute Malnutrition
6. Child With Fever (Enteric/Malaria/Kala Azar)
7. Pneumonia (Respiratory Diseases)
8. Wheezing Disorder and Asthma
9. Congenital Heart Disease
10. Cerebral Palsy
11. Rheumatic Fever and Rheumatic Heart Disease
13. Meningitis and Tuberculous Meningitis
15. Nephrotic Syndrome (Nephritis)
16. Severe Anaemia
18. Down Syndrome
PART II. Common Cases of Neonates
20. Approach to a Normal Neonate
21. Low Birth Weight Neonate
22. Neonatal Jaundice
23. Neonatal Sepsis
24. Respiratory Distress in Newborn
25. Birth Asphyxia
SECTION 3 VIVA-VOCE EXAMINATION IN PAEDIATRICS
26. Common X-Rays
27. Common Laboratory Tests
28. Common Instruments
29. Equipment for Resuscitation
30. Common Drugs
31. Common Food Items
Online PGMEE Patterned MCQs
List of Online Videos
Clinical Presentation of PEM
Clinical Presentation of Malaria
Signs of Significant Respiratory Disease
Nebulizer, Inhaler, and Spacer Devices
Mechanism of Action of Aerosol Drug Delivery Devices
Heart Sounds and Murmurs
Causes or Risk Factors of Development Delay
Heart Sounds and Murmurs
Measurement and Interpretation of Blood Pressure in Children
Diagnosis of Clubbing
Physical Features of Pre-Term or SGA Neonate
Kangaroo Mother Care (KMC) or Snap KMC
Examination of Icterus
Respiratory Distress in Newborn
Pneumothorax in Newborn
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2016
- 26th August 2016
- Elsevier India
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: