- Introduction to diagnostic ultrasound
2. Principles and physics of ultrasound imaging - simple terminology definitions
3. The piezoelectric effect
4. Acoustic impedance
5. The ultrasound beam
8. Ultrasound interactions and attenuation
10. Instrumentation and controls
11. Physical principles of Doppler ultrasound
12. Ultrasound safety
13. Quality assurance and performance testing
14. Mew technology and recent advances in ultrasound imaging
15. Multiple choice questions, answers to multiple choice questions
Written for health practitioners and students new to medical ultrasound, this book provides all the basic physics and technological knowledge they need in order to practise ultrasound effectively, including safety aspects of ultrasound, quality assurance and the latest techniques and developments.
- Multiple choice questions for self-assessment and as a revision aid
- Chapter on terminology with explanatory paragraphs of words and phrases used in diagnostic ultrasound
- Troubleshooting guide - common problems and their solutions explored
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2009
- 2nd June 2009
- Churchill Livingstone
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Health and Social Care, University of West of England, Bristol
Senior Lecturer and Postgraduate Ultrasound Programme Director, Division of Radiography, University of Central England, Birmingham
Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Health and Social Care, University of the West of England, Bristol
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.