This comprehensive resource provides clear explanations and numerous, simple line drawings that fully explain the "whys" of physics as applied to ultrasound. Updated content includes new material on PACS, contrast agents, power Doppler, harmonic imaging, 3D and 4D technology, 1.5D and 2D transducers, spatial compounding, extended field of view, and composite material transducers. Material is clarified through the use of well-designed analogies, examples of digitally processed images, and learning features such as key terms, clinical examples, end-of-chapter review questions, mock registery exams, a glossary, and a math review appendix. This text also offers excellent preparation for the physics portion of the ARDMS certification exam.
- Comprehensive coverage thoroughly addresses all physics topics relevant to ultrasound so readers can prepare for the Registry exam with confidence.
- Extensive examples and sample problems clarify formulas as they are presented, ensuring readers make the connection between theory and practical applications.
- Accessible, conversational writing style employs real-world analogies to explain physics concepts.
- Key terms and review questions in each chapter help readers focus on important information and assess their comprehension.
- Basic Ultrasound Physics
2. Attenuation in Tissue
3. Computer Fundamentals
4. Single Element Transducers
5. Pulse Transmission and Echo Reception
6. Static Imaging
7. Real-Time Ultrasound Imaging Principles
8. Real-Time Ultrasound Transducers
9. Real-Time Ultrasound Instrumentation
10. Digital Signal and Image Processing
11. Image Quality in Real-Time Ultrasound
12. Real-Time Image Artifacts
14. Doppler Physics and Instrumentation
15. Pulsed-Wave Doppler Spectral Analysis
16. Doppler Imaging
18. Contrast Agents
19. Image Recording Devices
21. Intensity and Power
22. Biological Effects
23. Clinical Safety
24. Performance Testing
25. Quality Control
Appendix A. Review of Mathematics
Appendix B. Fourier Analysis
Appendix C. Answers to Review Questions
Mock Registry Exam
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2005
- 3rd December 2004
- eBook ISBN:
Professor, Medical Radiation Biophysics, College of Medicine, Northeastern Ohio University, Rootstown, OH, USA; Certified Diagnostic Radiological and Medical Nuclear Physicist, Aultman Hospital, Canton, OH, USA
Consultant Medical Physicist, Medical Physics Services, Inc., Canton, OH, USA
Professor, Medical Radiation Biophysics, College of Medicine, Mortheastern Ohio Universities, Rootstown, OH, USA