This is the only book of its kind in prenatal diagnosis that details the most common sonographically detectable fetal syndromes. It has an easy-to-follow approach of using lists and patterns of malformations to generate a differential diagnosis of the possible syndrome involved. The reader is then led to the more detailed description of each syndrome to determine the exact final diagnosis. The new edition incorporates 3D ultrasound throughout the book, as well as 20 syndromes not previously covered.
- Cross-references sonographic fetal malformations with various syndromes to use patterns of malformation to arrive at the correct diagnosis.
- Shows the specific features of each syndrome to help you determine how detectable the syndrome is or how likely the fetus is to have the syndrome.
- Offers up-to-date information on how to manage borderline sonographic findings.
- Helps you to not only identify what syndrome a given set of malformations is likely to represent, but also understand the clinical implications of that syndrome.
1. DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSES
Microphthalmia/Anophthalmia (Unilateral or Bilateral)
Maxillary Hypoplasia/Depressed Nasal Bridge
Abnormal Head Shape
Fluid Collections in the Head
Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum
Dandy-Walker Cyst or Vermian Hypoplasia
Echogenic Mass in the Head
Neural Tube Defect
Vertebral Body Segmental Abnormalities (Other Than Platyspondyly)
Mass on the Surface of the Fetus
Nuchal Thickening/Cystic Hygroma (First and Second Trimesters)
Anterior Abdominal Wall Defects
Anterior Neck Mass
Rotation of the Heart
Abdominal Fluid Collection or Cyst
Renal Agenesis (Unilateral or Bilateral)
Syndromes Associated with Various Renal Anomalies
Contractures of the Extremities
Asymmetric Lengths of Extremities
Slightly Short Femur
Generalized Short and Bowed Limbs
Asymmetric Limb Reduction Defects
Short Radial Ray
Flared metaphyses or epi
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2008
- 24th October 2007
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: