Ultrasonic Sectional Anatomy centers on the imaging processes, methodologies, and approaches employed in sectional anatomy.
The selection first offers information on the brain and cerebral ventricles, eye and orbit, and the thyroid and adjacent soft tissues of the neck.
The book also examines the breast, heart, and abdominal muscles and skeletal boundaries. Topics include anterior abdominal wall, pelvic muscles, diaphragm, recording the cross-sectional echocardiogram, and echography of the normal breast.
The text elaborates on the upper abdominal viscera and the kidneys, including renal anomalies, spleen, pancreas, adrenal glands, and gall bladder and bile ducts. The manuscript then takes a look at the gastrointestinal tract and peritoneal cavity and viscera of the lower abdomen and pelvis. Discussions focus on scrotum and penis, urinary bladder, ureter, seminal vesicles, and prostate, and peritoneal recesses.
The selection is a dependable reference for readers interested in ultrasonic sectional anatomy.
- The Brain and Cerebral Ventricles Cross-Sectional Echography of the Brain The Cerebral Ventricles
- The Eye and Orbit
- The Thyroid and Adjacent Soft Tissues of the Neck
- The Breast
- The Heart
- The Abdominal Muscles and Skeletal Boundaries The Anterior Abdominal Wall The Diaphragm The Posterior Abdominal Wall-Supine Sections The Posterior Abdominal Wall-Prone Sections Skeletal Boundaries and Muscles of the Pelvis Skeletal Boundaries The Pelvic Muscles
- Upper Abdominal Viscera The Liver, Hepatic Veins and Intrahepatic Portal System The Gall Bladder and Bile Ducts The Pancreas The Spleen The Adrenal Glands
- The Kidneys The Normotopic and Ectopic Kidney Renal Anomalies The Transplanted Kidney
- The Viscera of the Lower Abdomen and Pelvis The Urinary Bladder, Ureter, Seminal Vesicles and Prostate The Scrotum and Penis Examination of the Penis and Scrotum Using the UI Octoson
- The Gastro-Intestinal Tract and Peritoneal Cavity The Gastro-Intestinal Tract The Peritoneal Recesses
- The Major Vessels The Major Visceral Arteries and Veins The Abdominal Aorta and Major Branches The Inferior Vena Cava and Major Tributaries The Extrahepatic Portal System Vessels in the Lower Limb and Neck
- Obstetric Ultrasound Basic Embryology The Form of the Embryo at Different Stages of Growth Related to the Ultrasonic Image The First Trimester Twin Gestation Fetal Anatomy The Placenta References Index
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 1983
- 1st January 1983
- eBook ISBN:
Research Professor of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA; Consultant at Los Alamos Women's Health Center, Los Alamos, NM; Clinical Professor of Radiology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM