- Offers the most in-depth care plans of any planning book, fostering critical thinking and promoting effective clinical decision-making.
- 33 separate nursing diagnosis care plans provide detailed interventions with rationales and documentation guidelines for the most common nursing diagnoses.
- 65 comprehensive care plans serve as a complete reference for the most common disorders in acute care, extended care, and home care settings.
- Body system organization makes content easy to locate.
- Nursing/collaborative diagnoses are linked to actions and rationales.
- Specific points for discharge teaching serve as guidelines for planning client education.
- A complete discussion of caring for older adult clients and changes that occur with aging helps you understand the unique considerations of caring for this population group.
- PRIORITIZATION, DELEGATION, AND CLINICAL JUDGMENT IN CLIENT MANAGEMENT
- SELECTED NURSING DIAGNOSES, INTERVENTIONS, RATIONALES, AND DOCUMENTATION
- NURSING CARE OF THE CLIENT HAVING SURGERY
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN RESPIRATORY FUNCTION
Airway Clearance, Ineffective
Aspiration, Risk for
Breathing Pattern, Ineffective
Cardiac Output, Decreased
Comfort, Readiness for Enhanced NEW!
Confusion, Acute, Risk for NEW!
Contamination/Contamination, Risk for NEW!
Decision-Making, Readiness for Enhanced NEW!
Falls, Risk for/Injury Risk for NEW!
Fluid Volume, Deficient
Fluid Volume, Excess
Gas Exchange, Impaired
Glucose Level, Risk for Unstable NEW!
Health Behavior, Risk-Prone NEW!
Infection, Risk for
Mobility, Impaired Physical
Nutrition, Imbalanced: Less Than Body Requirements
Oral Mucous Membrane, Impaired
Self-Care, Readiness for Enhanced NEW!
Skin Integrity, Impaired, Risk for
Sleep Pattern, Disturbed
Tissue Perfusion, Ineffective
Intravenous Conscious Sedation NEW!
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease