Confidently plan individualized care for clients in acute care, extended care, and home care environments with Ulrich & Canale's Nursing Care Planning Guides: Prioritization, Delegation, and Clinical Reasoning, 8th Edition. This in-depth nursing care planning guide features 31 detailed nursing diagnosis care plans and 63 disease/disorder care plans that are keyed to specific expected outcomes and interventions. With updated content and the most recent NANDA-I® nursing diagnoses, NIC® interventions, and NOC® outcomes, it reflects the latest nursing taxonomies and evidence-treatment protocols. You’ll also receive access to a popular Online Care Planner that allows you to edit and print standardized nursing diagnosis care plans.
- The most in-depth care plans of any nursing care planning book foster clinical reasoning and promote effective clinical decision-making.
- 31 nursing diagnosis care plans provide detailed interventions with rationales and documentation guidelines for the most common NANDA-I® nursing diagnoses.
- 63 in-depth disease/disorder care plans serve as a complete reference for the most common disorders in acute care, extended care, and home care settings.
- UNIQUE! Care plan format with a focus on prioritized nursing interventions, interventions that can be delegated, and documentation criteria, as well as differentiation between independent and collaborative nursing actions, provides a comprehensive and practical care planning tool.
- Online Care Planner on Evolve allows you to customize each of the 31 nursing diagnosis care plans.
- In-depth patient teaching content, with each disorder care plan, concluding with a "Deficient Knowledge" diagnosis with extensive discharge teaching information, serves as a guideline for planning client education.
- A complete discussion of caring for older adult clients and changes that occur with aging helps you understand the unique considerations of caring for this growing population group.
- Nursing and collaborative diagnoses are linked to actions and rationales.
- Animations, additional care plans, and skills videos on Evolve offer additional help in care planning.
- Body system organization makes content easy to locate.
1.Prioritization, Delegation, and Clinical Judgment in Client Management
2.NEW and UNIQUE! Nursing-Sensitive Indicators
3.Selected Nursing Diagnoses, Interventions, Rationales, and Documentation
4.Nursing Care of the Client Having Surgery
5.The Client With Alterations in Respiratory Function
6.The Client With Alterations in Cardiovascular Function
7.The Client With Alterations in Neurological Function
8.The Client With Alterations in Hematologic and Immune Function
9.The Client With Alterations in Metabolic Function
10.The Client With Alterations in the Gastrointestinal Tract
11.The Client With Alterations in the Liver, Biliary Tract, and Pancreas
12.The Client With Alterations in the Kidney and Urinary Tract
13.The Client With Alterations in Musculoskeletal Function
14.The Client With Alterations in the Breast and Reproductive System
15.The Client Receiving Treatment for Neoplastic Disorders
16.Nursing Care of the Elderly Client
17.End-of-Life Nursing Care
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2020
- 27th September 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Associate Professor and ABSN Program Chair, School of Nursing, Samuel Merritt University, Oakland, CA, USA
Clinical Nurse Educator, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.