Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
UHV Transmission Technology enables power system employees and the vast majority of those caring for UHV transmission technology to understand and master key technologies of UHV transmission. This book can be used as a technical reference and guide for future UHV projects.
UHV transmission has many advantages for new power networks due to its capacity, long distance potential, high efficiency and low loss. Development of UHV transmission technology is led by infrastructure development and renewal, as well as smart grid developments, which can use UHV power networks as the transmission backbone for hydropower, coal, nuclear power and large renewable energy bases. UHV is a key enabling technology for optimal allocation of resources across large geographic areas, and has a key role to play in reducing pressure on energy and land resources.
- Provides a complete reference on the latest ultra-high voltage transmission technologies
- Covers practical applications made possible by theoretical material, extensive proofs, applied systems examples and real world implementations, including coverage of problem solving and design and manufacturing guidance
- Includes case studies of AC and DC demonstration projects
- Features input from a world-leading UHV team
Power engineers, electric power engineers
Part I: AC Transmission
2. Stability of UHVAC grid and systems
3. Overvoltage and insulation coordination of UHVAC systems
4. The outer insulation characteristics of UHVAC systems
5. UHVAC substation and electrical equipment
6. Electromagnetic environment of UHVAC systems
7. UHVAC transmission lines
8. UHVAC site tests, case studies and data
Part II: DC Transmission
10. Converter techniques for UHVDC
11. Steady state performance of UHVDC transmission
12. Control and protection of UHVDC transmission systems
13. Reactive power compensation and harmonic suppression
14. Overvoltage and insulation coordination of UHVDC systems
15. The outer insulation characteristics of UHVDC systems
16. UHV converter station and main electrical equipment
17. Electromagnetic environment of UHVDC system
18. UHVDC transmission lines
19. UHVDC site tests, case studies and data
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 18th October 2017
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"This book would be a wonderful reference for power system engineers and designers working with UHV transmission systems. It provides an excellent record of the lessons learned in China, gained from the many projects constructed over the last 13 years. It has very good technical details and contains a wealth of information. Any power engineer interested in UHV transmission will be interested in this book." -IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.