Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Troubleshooting - the process of locating and diagnosing a fault in a system - is often difficult for the maintenance specialist in a computer controlled manufacturing system. They face a large system of many parts, where each part is complex in itself and where parts are interconnected in complex ways. This book addresses the ways maintenance specialists acquire and use information during troubleshooting and the types of difficulties they encounter in order to guide the improvement of computer-based troubleshooting support systems.
Troubleshooters in computer controlled manufacturing systems.
- Research Method
- Interview Study Subjects Implementation Time Spent Finding Versus Fixing Problems Multiplicity of Information Sources Most Useful Information Missing Information Problems Encountered During Troubleshooting Displays to Shop-Floor Process Control Computers Suggestions for Change
- Observational Study Characterization of Subjects and Task Domains Data Collection Procedure Data Modelling Graphical Representation of Episodes Data Analysis
- Experimental Study Motivation for the Experiment The Experimental Hypotheses Evolution of Experimental Hypotheses Experiment Design Structure of Tests Experiment Protocol Data Analysis
- Summary and Recommendations Descriptive Model of Troubleshooting Summary of Insights into Sources of Troubleshooting Difficulty Recommendations for Ways to Alleviate Sources of Difficulty
- Future Research Research Questions Research Methods Appendix 1: Support Document for Interview Study Appendix 2: Support Documents for Observational Study Appendix 3: Support Documents for Experimental Study
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1989
- 31st December 1989
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.