Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Protecting environmental and socio-economic values of selectively logged tropical forests in the Anthropocene
Christopher G. Bousfield, Gianluca R. Cerullo, Mike R. Massam and David P. Edwards
2. Novelty in the tropical forests of the 21st century
Ariel E. Lugo, Oscar J. Abelleira Martínez, Ernesto Medina, Gerardo Aymard and Tamara Heartsill Scalley
3. Monitoring tropical forest degradation and restoration with satellite remote sensing: A test using Sabah Biodiversity Experiment
Jinhui Wu, Bin Chen, Glen Reynolds, Jun Xie, Michael J. O'Brien, Shunlin Liang and Andy Hector
4. The long and short of it: A review of the timescales of how fire affects soils using the pulse-press framework
Adam F. A. Pellegrini and Robert B. Jackson
5. Revisiting nutrient cycling by litterfall - Insights from 15 years of litter manipulation in old-growth lowland tropical forest
Emma J. Sayer, Chadtip Rodtassana, Merlin Sheldrake, Laëtitia M. Bréchet, Oliver S. Ashford, Luis Lopez-Sangil, Deirdre Kerdraon-Byrne, Biancolini Castro, Benjamin L. Turner, S. Joseph Wright and Edmund V.J. Tanner
6. Soil biogeochemical responses of a tropical forest to warming and hurricane disturbance
Sasha C. Reed, Robin Reibold, Molly A. Cavaleri, Aura M. Alonso-Rodríguez, Megan E. Berberich and Tana E. Wood
7. Critical role and collapse of tropical mega-trees: A key global resource
Bruno X. Pinho, Carlos A. Peres, Inara R. Leal and Marcelo Tabarelli
8. Monitoring tropical insects in the 21st century
Greg P.A Lamarre, Tom M. Fayle, Simon T. Segar, Benita Laird-Hopkins, Akihiro Nakamura, Daniel Souto-Vilarós, Shuntaro Watanabe and Yves Basset
9. Advances and prospects of environmental DNA in neotropical rainforests
Lucie Zinger, Julian Donald, Sebastien Brosse, Mailyn A. Gonzalez, Amaia Iribar, Céline Leroy, Jérôme Murienne, Jérôme Orivel, Heidy Schimann, Pierre Taberlet and Carla Martins Lopes
10. Informing marine spatial planning decisions with environmental DNA
Alessia Bani, Maarten De Brauwer, Simon Creer, Alex J. Dumbrell, Gino Limmon, Jamaluddin Jompa, Sophie von der Heyden and Maria Beger
11. Copulas and their potential for ecology
Shyamolina Ghosh, Lawrence W. Sheppard, Mark T. Holder, Terrance D. Loecke, Philip C. Reid, James D. Bever and Daniel C. Reuman
Advances in Ecological Research, Volume 62, the latest release in this ongoing series, covers a long list of topics, including Monitoring tropical insects in the 21st Century, The distribution and structure of long-term and large-scale fire manipulation experiments, The Agua Salud Project: Basic and applied research informing management of tropical landscapes for the 21st century, Conservation strategies and principles for tropical forests, Assessing forest quality using satellite remote sensing data: A test case using the Sabah Biodiversity Experiment, eDNA approaches to understand the current state and future of biodiversity of the Amazonian biome: pitfalls, improvements and challenges, and much more.
- Provides information that relates to a thorough understanding of the field of ecology
- Deals with topical and important reviews on the physiologies, populations and communities of plants and animals
Environmentalists, ecologists at undergraduate to research level, social scientists and economists
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 18th March 2020
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Alex Dumbrell works at the School of Biological Sciences, University of Essex, UK.
University of Essex, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.