Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Outline to tribology of polymer composites
- Recent advances in tribology of hybrid polymer composites
- Development and tribological properties of polymer composites
- Tribological behavior of fiber-reinforced polymer composites
- Tribological characterization of cellulose fiber-reinforced polymer composites
- Effect of adding sisal fiber on the sliding wear behavior of the coconut sheath fiber-reinforced composite
- Influence of coconut and graphite fillers on the wear and friction behavior of epoxy composites
- Tribological behavior of nanoclay-filled basalt fiber-reinforced polymer composites
- Slurry jet erosion wear of particulate polymer composites and metal coating
- Tribology of thermosetting composites
- Tribological studies of surface-modified sansevieria cylindrica fiber-reinforced polyester composites
- Friction and wear properties of carbon nanotube-reinforced polymer composites
- Sustainable tribology: Processing and characterization of multiscale thermoplastic composites within hydropower applications
- Tribological characterization of different mesh-sized natural barite-based copper-free brake friction composites
- Tribological studies and modal analysis on biocomposite/PVC core sandwich panels
- Synergism of fillers on adhesive and abrasive wear of thermoplastic copolyester elastomer composites
- Tribological applications of polymer composites
Tribology of Polymer Composites: Characterization, Properties, and Applications provides an exhaustive overview of the latest research, trends, applications and future directions of the tribology of polymer composites. Covering novel methods for the synthesis of polymer composites and their properties, the book starts by reviewing the fabrication techniques, wear and frictional properties of polymer composite materials. From there, it features chapters looking at the tribological behavior and properties of specific polymer composite materials such as synthetic fiber-reinforced, cellulose fiber-reinforced, wood fiber, synthetic fiber, mineral fiber-reinforced, and thermosetting composites.
Final chapters cover the tribology of polymer nanocomposites and particulate polymer composites and their metal coatings. Applied examples spanning a wide range of industries are emphasized in each chapter.
- Demonstrates the potential of polymer composites and their applications
- Covers novel methods for the synthesis of polymer composites and their properties
- Reviews the fabrication techniques, wear and frictional properties of polymer composite materials
Academic researchers; upper-level undergrad and graduate students
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 21st September 2020
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Sanjay Mavinkere Rangappa is a Research Scientist in the Natural Composites Research Group Lab, at King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok, Thailand. His current research areas include natural fiber composites, polymer composites, and advanced material technology. Dr. Rangappa has published more than 75 articles in high quality international peer reviewed journals, over 20 book chapters, one authored book, 14 edited books, and acts as a reviewer for several international journals and conferences. He is a Life Member of the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) and Associate Member of the Institute of Engineers (India).
Research Scientist, Natural Composites Research Group Lab, King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok, Thailand
Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Suchart Siengchin, received his Dipl.-Ing. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Applied Sciences Giessen/Friedberg, Hessen, Germany in 1999, M.Sc. in Polymer Technology from University of Applied Sciences Aalen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany in 2002, M.Sc. in Material Science at the Erlangen-Nürnberg University, Bayern, Germany in 2004, Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering (Dr.-Ing.) from Institute for Composite Materials, University of Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany in 2008 and Postdoctoral Research from Kaiserslautern University and School of Materials Engineering, Purdue University, USA. In 2016 he received the habilitation at the Chemnitz University in Sachen, Germany. He worked as a Lecturer for Production and Material Engineering Department at The Sirindhorn International Thai-German Graduate School of Engineering (TGGS), KMUTNB. He has been full Professor at KMUTNB and became the President of KMUTNB. He won the Outstanding Researcher Award in 2010, 2012 and 2013 at KMUTNB. His research interests in Polymer Processing and Composite Material. He is Editor-in-Chief: KMUTNB International Journal of Applied Science and Technology and the author of 87 peer reviewed Journal Articles. He has participated with presentations in more than 39 International and National Conferences with respect to Materials Science and Engineering topics.
President, King Mongkut’s University of Technology, North Bangkok, Thailand
Dr Jyotishkumar Parameswaranpillai is Research Professor at the Center of Innovation in Design and Engineering for Manufacturing, King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok, Thailand. He has published approximately 80 papers in high quality international peer reviewed journals, as well as several book chapters, in the areas of polymer nanocomposites, polymer blends and alloys, and biopolymers, and has also edited five books. He has received numerous awards and recognitions including prestigious Kerala State Award for the Best Young Scientist 2016 and INSPIRE Faculty Award 2011.
Research Professor, Center of Innovation in Design and Engineering for Manufacturing, King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok, Thailand
Klaus Friedrich is an emeritus Professor at the Institute for Composite Materials (IVW GmbH), Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany. He is an editorial board member of several key journals in the area, including Composites Science and Technology, contributes to committees and conferences internationally related to composite materials, and has received numerous awards and honours throughout his prolific research career.
Emeritus Professor, Institute for Composite Materials (IVW GmbH), Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.