- Get information not found in mainstream dermatology references. Essential medical dermatology and cosmetic procedures as well as evidence-based first and second line treatment options provide you with specific information to treat a full range of conditions found in skin of color.
- Offer your patients the best care and avoid pitfalls. Evidence-based findings and practical tips equip you with the knowledge you need to recommend and discuss the most effective treatment options with your patients.
- Broaden your understanding of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) used by your patients. A special section examines the cultural significance and impact on medical outcomes caused by these alternative therapies.
- Spend less time searching with easy-to-use, templated chapters focused on visual identification and diagnosis of diseases across all skin tones, and recommended treatment options.
- Make rapid, confident decisions on diagnosis and treatment by comparing your clinical findings to the book’s extensive collection of 270 detailed illustrations.
- Access the book from any computer at www.expertconsult.com, complete with the full text and entire image bank to further augment mastery of the subject matter.
Part 1 Medical Dermatology
Chapter 1 Acneiform Disorders
Infantile Acne Pediatric Perspectives
Neonatal Acne (Acne Neonatorum) Pediatric Perspectives
Chapter 2 Bullous and Pustular Disorders:
Chapter 3 Collagen Vascular Diseases
Chronic Cutaneous Lupus
Discoid Lupus Erythematosus
Subacute Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus (SCLE)
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Localized Scleroderma (Morphea)
Chapter 4 Eczematous Disorders
Allergic Contact Dermatitis
Irritant Contact Dermatitis
Lichen Simplex Chronicus
Chapter 5 Granulomatous Disorders
Chapter 6 Hypersensitivity and Allergic Disorders
Fixed Drug Eruption
Polymorphous Light Eruption
Chapter 7 Infectious Diseases
Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
Tinea Capitis and Pediatric Perspectives