I CLINICAL MANAGEMENT IN TRAUMA NURSING
1. Trauma Systems: an Organized Approach
2. Biomechanics and Mechanism of Injury
3. Stabilization, Transfer, and Transport
II CLINICAL APPLICATIONS IN TRAUMA NURSING CARE
4. Weapons of Mass Destruction
5. Forensics in Trauma
6. Injury Prevention
III SYSTEM INJURIES
7. Neurologic and Facial Trauma
8. Thoracic Trauma
9. Abdominal and Genitourinary Trauma
10. Musculoskeletal Trauma
11. Skin Wound and Ostomy in the Trauma Patient
IV SPECIAL POPULATIONS
13. Burn Trauma
14. Trauma During Pregnancy
15. Pediatric Trauma
16. Geriatric Trauma
17. Domestic Violence and Abuse
19. Organ Donation and Organ Procurement
14. Trauma Nursing Documentation
15. Organ Procurement
16. Evidenced-Based Practice
The dynamic field of trauma nursing has emerged into a specialty that demands a Nursing Secrets book of its own. Trauma Nursing Secrets covers trauma nursing from the pre-hospital phase to the trauma resuscitation area, and follow the patient into the Intensive Care Unit and then into rehabilitation. Specific issues covered include forensics, trauma prevention, system injuries, toxicology in the trauma patient, organ procurement, skin, wounds, and ostomies, and evidenced-based practice.
- Engaging, interactive Q & A format
- Concise answers with valuable pearls, tips, memory aids, and "secrets"
- 17 succinct chapters written for quick review
- All the most important, "need-to-know" questions and answers in the proven format of the highly acclaimed Secret Series®
- Thorough, highly detailed index
- No. of pages:
- © Hanley & Belfus 2003
- 2nd August 2002
- Hanley & Belfus
- Paperback ISBN:
Trauma Clinical Nurse Specialist, North Broward Hospital District, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.