Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. The transport properties of concrete and the equations that describe them
2. Computer models to predict the transport processes in concrete
3. Surface tests to determine transport properties of concrete - I: the tests
4. Surface tests to determine transport properties of concrete - II: analytical models to calculate permeability
5. Surface tests to determine transport properties of concrete - III: measuring gas permeability
6. Measurements of gas migration in concrete
7. Water vapour and liquid permeability measurements in concrete
8. Measurement of porosity as a predictor of the transport properties of concrete
9. Factors affecting the measurement of the permeability of concrete
10. Electrical tests to analyse the transport properties of concrete - I: modelling diffusion and electromigration
11. Electrical tests to analyse the transport properties of concrete - II: using a neural network model to derive diffusion coefﬁcients
12. Electrical tests to analyse the fundamental transport properties of concrete - III: modelling tests without applied voltages
13. Applications using measured values of the transport properties of concrete - I: predicting the durability of reinforced concrete
14. Applications using measured values of the transport properties of concrete - II: modelling the effect of gas pressure
15. Applications using measured values of the transport properties of concrete - III: predicting the transport of liquids through concrete barriers for waste containment
Transport Properties of Concrete: Modelling the Durability of Structures, Second Edition, covers how to measure transport properties and use the results to model performance. The book covers transport properties of concrete and the ability of ions and fluids to move through the material. These properties largely determine the durability of concrete and of steel embedded within it, as well as the effectiveness of structures such as landfill containment barriers.
- Includes a new chapter on modeling the durability of concrete structures
- Discusses the transport properties of newer cement replacements and admixtures [nano-materials], and shows how the same problems could occur with tests
- Covers the problems that occur when carrying out durability tests on concrete incorporating traditional cement replacements
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 2nd November 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
Peter A. Claisse is Professor Emeritus at Coventry University and the author of more than 100 publications on construction and materials.
Professor Emeritus, Coventry University, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.