Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Toxicological Risk Assessment and Multi-System Health Impacts from Exposure highlights emerging problems of human and environmental health attributable to cumulative and multiple sources of long-term exposure to environmental toxicants. The book describes the cellular, biological, immunological, endocrinologic, genetic and epigenetic effects of long-term exposure. It examines how combined exposures to nanomaterials, metals, pharmaceuticals, multi-frequency radiation, dietary mycotoxins and pesticides accelerate ecotoxicity in humans, animals, plants, and the larger environment. The book goes on to also offer insights into mixture risk assessments, protocols for evaluating the risks, and how this information can serve the regulatory agencies in setting safer exposure limits. Toxicological Risk Assessment and Multi-System Health Impacts from Exposure is a go-to resource for scientists and professionals in the field tackling the current and emerging trends in modern toxicology and risk assessment.
- Bridges basic research with clinical, epidemiological, regulatory and translational research, conveying both an introductory understanding and the latest developments in the field
- Evaluates real-life human health risk assessment for long-term exposures to xenobiotic mixtures and the role they play in contributing to chronic disease
- Discusses advances in predictive (in silico) toxicology tools and the benefits of using omics technologies in toxicology research
Researchers, industry professionals, and graduate students from various disciplines of toxicology. Physicians, public health professionals, specialists in bioinformatics, risk assessors, and regulatory agencies
MODERN TOOLS AND CONCEPTS IN TOXICOLOGY TESTING
1. Mixture toxicity evaluation in modern toxicology
2. Alternative methods and their role in modern toxicology
3. The exposome - a new paradigm for non-animal toxicology and integrated risk assessment
4. In silico modeling, a robust approach for predicting toxicity in Next Generation Risk Assessment?
5. Safety Science in the 21st Century – a Scientific Revolution in its Making
METHODS AND TOXICITY MODELS IN TOXICOLOGY
7. "Predictive in silico toxicology". An update on modern approaches and a critical analysis of its strong and weak points
8. Analytical strategies to study health roles of the gut microbiome
9. Behavioral endpoints in adult and developmental neurotoxicity: the case of organophosphate pesticides
10. NRF2-mediated Antioxidant Response as an Indicator of Oxidative Stress
11. The potential of Complex In Vitro Models in Pharmaceutical Toxicology
NEW INSIGHTS IN RISK ASSESSMENT
12. Health-based exposure limits and toxicology in pharmaceutical industry
13. The hormetic dose response: Implications for risk assessment
14. Endocrine disruption and human health risk assessment under the light of real-life risks and RLRS
15. The use of toxicology data to establish acute and short-term emergency exposure guidance
16. Renal Mitochondria as Sentinels for Exposures to Environmental Toxicants and Nephrotoxic Drugs
CLINICAL BIOMARKERS UPDATES
17. Current Biomarkers Up-dates in toxicology
18. The role of extracellular matrix in contact allergen-mediated keratinocyte activation
19. Review of current neurotoxicology issues
20. Modern aspects of Immunotoxicology
21. Toxicology of neurodegenerative diseases
22. Toxicogenetics - Pharmacogenetics: SNP Profiling as a Predictive Tool in Xenobiotic Response Heterogeneity
23. Current and emerging (broader) concepts of cardiotoxicity
24. Metabolomics: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Applications in Clinical Medicine and Pharmacology
25. Metabolomics Methodology and Workflow: Challenges and Future Prospects
26. Telomere Length: Associations with nutrients and xenobiotics.
EPIDEMIOLOGY AND PUBLIC HEALTH TOXICOLOGY ISSUES
27. Integration between Epidemiology and Toxicology in Public Health
28. Modern Approaches for the Assessment of Human Exposure to Dietary Mycotoxins
29. Tobacco toxicity and public health
30. Dethroning the crown. From the kinetics and dynamics of COVID-19 diagnosis to the promising treatments
31. Toxicology issues related to COVID-19 outbreak
32. Risk assessment for heat stress during work and leisure
PHARMACEUTICALS AND NUTRACEUTICALS TOXICOLOGY UPDATES
33. Polyphenols in the hallmark of endothelial dysfunction combatants – preventive or repairing agents
34. Toxicants induced gut dysbiosis and increased intestinal permeability
35. Hydrogen sulfide: a shifting paradigm
36. Redox biomarkers in toxicology and nutrition: the social link
37. Safety profile of plants and phytoconstituents used in traditional medicine worldwide
TOXICOLOGY OF BIOMATERIALS AND NANOMATERIALS
38. Epigenetic mechanisms in nanomaterial toxicity
39. Predictive Nanotoxicology: From Nanotoxicity to Nanosafety of Select and Commonly Used Nanomaterials
40. Recent updates on ecotoxicity effects of Titania nanoparticles in marine algae
41. Aquatic Nanotoxicology: Reference Species and Omics Technologies
SPECIAL TOPICS IN TOXICOLOGY
42. Toxicity of Arsenicals in Diseases: Friend or Foe?
43. Toxicity of psychedelic drugs
44. Immunotoxicity of pesticides: current knowledge and perspectives
45. Glyphosate-based herbicides: evidence of immune-endocrine alteration
46. Ciguatera toxins. Toxicity and Food Safety
47. Cannabinoids and psychosis: current challenges of mechanistic toxicology
48. Electronic cigarettes as a harm reduction concept for public health
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st August 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Aristides Tsatsakis, Director of the Department of Toxicology and Forensic Sciences of the Medical School at the University of Crete and the University Hospital of Heraklion has over 1000 publications, including 500 in ISI journals and is extensively cited. He was EUROTOX President (2014- 2016) and is Emeritus Professor for the Federal Institute of Hygiene and Toxicology in Moscow, Doctor Honoris Causa of the Mendeleev Moscow University, of the Far East Federal University (FEFU), Vladivostok and of the Carol Davila, in Bucharest. He is a Foreign Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Russia (FMRAS) and a Fellow Academy of Toxicological Sciences (FATS, USA). Aristides Tsatsakis is the creator, founder and chief scientific officer of ToxPlus S.A. He developed numerous biomarkers of exposure and of effects for the pesticide and chemical toxicology area uncovering the mechanistic understanding of the mode of actions and adverse outcome pathways and clinical affects. Dr. Tsatsakis is currently the Editor of Food Chemical Toxicology (FCT, Elsevier), Editor in Chief of Toxicology Reports, Guest Editor of four special issues in Toxicology Letters (2), Toxicology and FCT journals, Guest editor of the RIFM-FCT issue, Associate Editor, member of the Editorial Boards in several other ISI indexed journals and the EiC of the TOFSJ.
Director, Department of Toxicology and Forensic Sciences, Medical School, University of Crete, University Hospital of Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.