In the post-Enron climate corporate executives are increasingly pressured to increase productivity and create an ethical, trustworthy organizational climate. 'Total Performance Scorecard' introduces a concept of organizational improvement and change management that combines the Balanced Scorecard model with the learning organization theory.
The TPS contains a personal balanced scorecard, which is tied to an organizational balanced scorecard. These scorecards reflect not only performance goals but personal learning and growth goals as well, and the organizational scorecards also address organizational climate issues. Continuous improvement, change management, 360 degree feedback, and the learning organization are theories that the TPS makes use of in a very straightforward way. If implemented, the TPS enables a company to tie personal goals to organizational goals and tie personal performance to organizational performance, all within a culture that supports integrity, personal growth, learning, and open communication. Nirvana!
- Links the personal scorecard to the organizational scorecard in a clear, straightforward way
- Addresses issues of personal ambition and growth within the context of corporate integrity and the learning organization
- Ties in several popular management concepts in one overarching concept
HR professionals and managers, business/management students, consultants.
- Introduction Part one: The Foundations of Total Performance Scorecard
- Total Performance Scorecard The TPS-ConceptThe Balanced Scorecard The TPS-Cycle
- Formulating the Balanced Scorecard Formulating the Personal Balanced Scorecard Formulating the Organizational Balanced Scorecard
- Communicating with and Linking the Balanced Scorecard Communicating the Balanced Scorecard Linking the Balanced Scorecard
- Improving Process Selection Process Evaluation Process Improvement Personal Improvement
Job-Oriented Competence Development
- Reviewing and Learning
Learning Part two: Organizational Requirements
Team Composition, Team Roles and Core Qualities
Coaching of Team Members
- Organization for Continuous Improvement
- Managing Change
- Organizational Culture Epilogue Appendix I: Appraisal Forms Business Jet Appendix II: 360º - Feedback Business Jet Appendix III: TPS-Quick Scans References Index
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2003
- 27th May 2003
- Hardcover ISBN:
Hubert K. Rampersad, BS, MSc, PhD is an internationally respected and recognized consultant in the field of Organizational Behavior and Business Management. He is founder and CEO of Quality Management Consulting in the Netherlands. He received his formal education in The Netherlands earning a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Enschede Polytechnic Institute, a M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from Delft University of Technology, and Ph.D. in Management from Eindhoven University of Technology.
Internationally respected and recognized consultant in the field of Organizational Behavior and Business Management; founder and CEO of Quality Management Consulting, the Netherlands
"'Total Performance Scorecard' is a through, systematic, and integrated approach to individual and organization success. It synthesizes and extends personal, leadership, and organization theories of change and success. It offers managers tools to do a complete physical for their organization and it offers individuals an encyclopedia of knowledge about personal success." - Dave Ulrich, Professor of Business, University of Michigan, Author of 'Results Based Leadership,' 'Why the Bottom Line Isn't,' and 'GE Workout' "This book should be read by anyone interested in affecting organizational improvement and change. By expanding and integrating concepts such as the Balanced Scorecard, Total Quality Management, Performance Management and Competence Management into one overall framework, which he calls the Total Performance Scorecard, Dr. Rampersad gives us a new blueprint for creating a learning organization in which personal and organizational performance and learning mutually reinforce each other." - Cornelis A. de Kluyver, Henry Y. Hwang Dean and Professor of Management, Peter F. Drucker Graduate School of Management, Claremont Graduate University, co-author of 'Strategy: A View From the Top' "There is often a disconnect between organizational goal-setting and the way individuals establish individual objectives and are reviewed. Total Performance Scorecard fills the gap with a complete system that unites individual and organizational performance scorecards, linking continuous improvement efforts with individual learning and development programs. If you are looking for a comprehensive toolkit for improving results in your company, this is the book to buy." - Philip Anderson, Professor of Entrepreneurship, INSEAD Alumni Fund Chair in Entrepreneurship, Director, 3i Venturelab "Hubert Rampersad takes the balanced scorecard and other manageme