One of the world's leading authorities on knee arthroplasty—Dr. Richard D. Scott—gives you the benefit of his 30 years of clinical and research experience in this practical easy-to-use guide to total knee arthroplasty. Each chapter walks you through a different, self-contained presentation on a significant clinical challenge in knee replacement and features outstanding clinical photographs, drawings, and abundant summary tables. On the included DVD, Dr. Scott's commentary guides you through video clips illustrating key techniques for both standard and complex knee replacements.
- Single author brings a consistent, unified approach.
- Addresses topics of interest to surgeons of all levels of experience.
- User-friendly index allows easy access to the information you're looking for.
- Hundreds of detailed, full-color illustrations make reference simple.
- Key techniques demonstrated on a bonus DVD-ROM with video clips from Dr. Scott's personal collection.
- The evolution of TKA in Boston
2. Posterior cruciate retaining vs substituting TKA
3. Mobile vs. fixed-bearing TKA
4. Primary TKA surgical technique
5. Correcting the varus knee
6. Correcting the valgus knee
7. Patello-femoral problems in TKA
8. Stiffness before and after TKA
9. Flexion contracture in TKA
10. TKA post osteotomy
11. TKA in Rheumatoid Arthritis
12. Bone stock deficiency in TKA
13. Bilateral simultaneous TKA
14. Sepsis in TKA
15. Staying and getting out of trouble during TKA
16. Re-operation after TKA
18. UKA surgical technique
19. Frequently asked question concerning TKA
20. Peri-operative management: rehabilitation, anti-coagulation
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA