Time-Dependent Reliability Theory and Its Applications
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
Time-Dependent Reliability Theory and Its Applications introduces the theory of time-dependent reliability and presents methods to determine the reliability of structures over the lifespan of their services. The book contains state-of-the-art solutions to first passage probability derived from the theory of stochastic processes with different types of probability distribution functions, including Gaussian and non-Gaussian distributions and stationary and non-stationary processes. In addition, it provides various methods to determine the probability of failure over time, considering different failure modes and a methodology to predict the service life of structures. Sections also cover the applications of time-dependent reliability to prediction of service life and development of risk cost-optimized maintenance strategy for existing structures. This new book is for those who wants to know how to predict the service life of a structure (buildings, bridges, aircraft structures, etc.) and how to develop a risk-cost, optimized maintenance strategy for these structures.
- Presents the basic knowledge required to predict service life and develop a maintenance strategy for infrastructure
- Explains how to predict the remaining safe life of the infrastructure during its lifespan of operation
- Describes how to carry out maintenance for an infrastructure to ensure its safe and serviceable operation during the designed service life
Researchers and students in universities, research institutes, and large engineering consulting companies in the disciplines of civil, mechanical, aerospace, ship building, marine and offshore engineering, and applied mechanics
Table of Contents
- 1. Assessment of Safety and Reliability
2. Reliability Methods
3. Time-Dependent Methods
4. Solution for Non-stationary Stochastic Processes
5. Solution for Non-Gaussian and Non-Stationary Processes
6. Simulation Method for Time-dependent Reliability
7. Methodology for service life protection
8. Development of Maintenance Strategy
9. Future Outlook and Challenges
- No. of pages: 624
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2022
- Published: October 23, 2022
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9780323860161
- Paperback ISBN: 9780323858823
About the Authors
Chun-Qing Li is a Professor of Civil Engineering at RMIT University. His core research expertise is time-dependent reliability theory and its application to service life prediction of deteriorating materials and structures. His research areas include risk and reliability analysis of engineering works, steel corrosion and its effects on mechanical property and structural behaviour, corrosion of buried metal pipes, mixed mode fracture failure and fracture toughness, methodology of whole life design and assessment of civil infrastructure, stochastic modelling of loading and structural resistance.
Affiliations and Expertise
Professor of Civil Engineering, RMIT University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Wei Yang works in the Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning in University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Affiliations and Expertise
Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Time-Dependent Reliability Theory and Its Applications"