- Authoritative, respected author team consists of two well-known experts in the clinical chemistry world.
- Coverage of analytical techniques and instrumentation includes optical techniques, electrochemistry, electrophoresis, chromatography, mass spectrometry, enzymology, immunochemical techniques, microchips, automation, and point of care testing.
- Learning objectives begin each chapter, providing measurable outcomes to achieve after completing the material.
- Key words are listed and defined at the beginning of each chapter, and bolded in the text.
- A glossary at the end of the book makes it quick and easy to look up definitions of key terms.
- More than 500 illustrations plus easy-to-read tables help you understand and remember key concepts.
1. Clinical Chemistry, Molecular Diagnostics, and Laboratory Medicine
2. Selection and Analytical Evaluation of Methods — With Statistical Techniques
3. Clinical Evaluation of Methods
4. Evidence-Based Laboratory Medicine
5. Establishment and Use of Reference Values
6. Specimen Collection, Processing, and Other Preanalytical Variables
7. Quality Management
II. ANALYTICAL TECHNIQUES AND INSTRUMENTATION
8. Principles of Basic Techniques and Laboratory Safety
9. Optical Techniques
10. Electrochemistry and Chemical Sensors
13. Mass Spectrometry
14. Enzyme and Rate Analyses
15. Immunochemical Techniques
17. Point-of-Care Instrumentation
18. Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins
19. Serum Enzymes
20. Tumor Markers and Cancer Genes
21. Kidney Function Tests — Creatinine, GFR, Urea, and Uric Acid
23. Lipids, Lipoproteins, Apolipoproteins, and Other Cardiac Risk Factors
24. Electrolytes and Blood Gases
26. Catecholamines and Serotonin
27. Vitamins, Trace Elements, Nutritional Assessment
28. Hemoglobin, Iron, and Bilirubin
29. Porphyrins and Porphyrias
30. Therapeutic Drugs and Their Management
31. Clinical Toxicology
32. Toxic Metals
34. Cardiovascular Disease
35. Kidney Disease
36. Physiology and Disorders of Water, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Metabolism
37. Liver Disease