Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Three Facets of Public Health and Paths to Improvements provides an overview on how specific indicators like the environment, culture and behavior play a role in developing improved outcomes for public health in local, regional, national and global health policy and concerns. Divided into three sections, the book examines the impact of the environment and social determinants on public health. It also illustrates the interrelation of these facets as predictors of public health, explores their institutional, organizational and individual impacts, and considers the way multiple stakeholders must engage to improve conditions that impact health.
The book utilizes various research methods, including fundamental, systematics, qualitative and quantitative. Readers can use the information to inform future research and better understand an existing health problem and outcomes.
- Offers a multisectoral (MSA) approach to understanding environmental, behavioral and social facets of public health
- Includes an expert analysis (e.g., qualitative, quantitative) approach in relation to policy and existing problems
- Combines an analytic approach with educational presentation to engage diverse readership
Public health professionals, educators, policy makers; graduate Students in public health
Section 1: Behavioral impact on public
1. Intersecting global health metrics with personal change
2. Don’t Sit This One Out: Moderating the Negative Health Impact of Sedentary Behavior at Work
3. Prevention of alcohol-related harms among college students: Past issues and future directions
4. Impacting healthcare outcomes connecting digital health within the Veteran's Health Administration Home Based Primary Care Program
5. The Power of Peer Support in Family/Youth Serving Systems
6. Sustainability education, not just STEM but the root of business?
Section 2: Cultural impact on public health
7. Culture, Cultural Diversity, and Enhanced Community Health
8. Culture, Language and Health Care Practitioners
9. Acts and Actions: The Church as an Institution of Cultural Change
10. A Woman’s (Unpaid) Work: Global Perspectives on Gender and Healthcare
11. Criminal Justice Research: Incorporating a Public Health Approach
Section 3: Environmental impact on public
12. Environmental Perspectives from the Ground Up: The Cost of Poor Environmental Health on Human Health
13. Structural Racism and Social Environmental Risk: A Case Study of Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes in Louisiana
14. Improving Health through a Home Modification Service for Veterans
15. Infectious ecology: a new dimension in understanding the phenomenon of infection
16. Why Energy Resources Must Change: Ukrainian energy sector in transformation"
17. Promoting Healthcare Access and Addressing Systemic Health Disparities in Toxic Environments
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 5th June 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Beth Ann earned her doctorate in Public Affairs at the University of Central Florida. The author of books on innovative approaches to healthcare quality; Dr. Fiedler has also successfully completed quality-award winning management projects for the private sector and the US military. Her research includes policy analysis focused on healthcare quality and business development presented to U.S. Congressional representatives, medical, technology and business audiences in the US and abroad. She has published in several peer-reviewed journals, was named a Founder’s Fellow by the American Society for Public Administration in 2014 and was featured by the US National Center for Policy Analysis for “Ideas Changing the World” on Health Issues.
Independent Author, Researcher, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.