THID, the Ultimate Outcome of RFID: Terahertz Identification and Authentication covers the burgeoning domain of the terahertz (THz) domain and its promising future in the electromagnetic spectrum for applications in telecommunications, medicine and the security industries. It describes a novel tag used in the THz frequency region that is complementary to the RFID solutions that are now commonly used in an effort to highlight the increased level of security in the encoded information. These pure dielectric tags, in which the information is encoded in the volume, is very difficult to analyze and counterfeit.
- Describes a technical solution for tag and information encoding for identification and unitary authentication in the THz frequency range
- Proposes a principle that can be applied in the THz range, differing RFID by encoding information in the volume of a dielectric structure without any metallic part
- Helps readers increase the level of security of encoded information
PhD students and Post-docs working on RFID, RFID tag antenna design and chipless RFID; engineers interested in developing automatic design tools, antenna tags, sensors and the practical implementation of chipless technology; experienced teachers and researchers in the field of RFID
- Why the THID technologies?
2. State of art of THID technologies
3. Design of the chipless THID tags
4. THID Tags for Identification purposes: Encoding approach, Performances
5. THID Tags for Authentication purposes: Encoding approach, Performances
- No. of pages:
- © ISTE Press - Elsevier 2018
- 1st May 2018
- ISTE Press - Elsevier
- Hardcover ISBN:
Maher Hamdi is a an Associate Professor at the University Savoie Mont Blanc in Chambéry, France with expertise in Optics and Electronic Engineering.
University Savoie Mont Blanc in Chambery, France
Frédéric Garet is an Associate Professor at the University Savoie Mont Blanc, in Chambéry, France with expertise in Experimental Physics, Electromagnetism and Solid State Physics
Associate Professor, University Savoie Mont Blanc, Chambery, France