Table of Contents
- Preface. Chapter 1. Bonding characteristics. 2. Crystal defects. 3. Elasticity. Basic relations. 4. What values do the elastic constants take? 5. Sound waves. 6. The phonon spectrum. 7. Thermal properties of harmonic lattice vibrations. 8. Phonons in real crystals: anharmonic effects. 9. Atomic vibrations in defect lattices. 10. Thermodynamic properties of conduction electrons. 11. Thermal properties of few-level systems and spin waves. 12. Melting and liquids. 13. Equation of state and thermal expansion: macroscopic relations. 14. Thermal expansion: microscopic aspects. 15. Electrical conductivity of metals and alloys. 16. Thermal conductivity. 17. Transport, elastic and thermal expansion parameters of composite materials. 18. Anisotropic and polycrystalline materials. 19. Estimations and correlations. Appendices. Author index. Subject index. Materials index.
- No. of pages: 424
- Language: English
- Copyright: © North Holland 1999
- Published: September 22, 1999
- Imprint: North Holland
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444827944
- eBook ISBN: 9780080542867
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Thermophysical Properties of Materials"