- Pyrolysis, Gasification and Combustion of Solid Fuels
- Mechanistic Understanding of Thermochemical Conversion of Polymers and Lignocellulosic Biomass
- Steam Cracking and EDC Furnaces Simulation
- Gas turbines and Engine Simulations
Eliseo Ranzi, Tiziano Faravelli, Flavio Manenti
Xiaowei Zhou, Linda J. Broadbelt, Ravikrishnan Vinu
Yu Zhang, Guihua Hu, Wenli Du, Feng Qian
Thermochemical Process Engineering, the latest edition in the Advances in Chemical Engineering, provides up-to-date information, comprehensively presenting updates in a systematic fashion that has made the series of great importance to organic chemists, polymer chemists, and many biological scientists since its inception in 1960. The series includes contributions from established authorities in the field who combine descriptive chemistry and mechanistic insight to create an understanding on how the chemistry drives the properties.
- Contains reviews by leading authorities in their respective areas
- Presents up-to-date reviews of the latest techniques in the modeling of catalytic processes
- Includes a broad mix of US and European authors, as well as academic, industrial, and research institute perspectives
- Provides discussions on the connections between computation and experimental methods
Chemical engineers in general, especially reaction engineers. University faculty, students and researchers as well as industrial researchers, mainly in chemical engineering/chemistry but also mechanical engineering (combustion engineers) and maybe some applied mathematicians
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2016
- 24th November 2016
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Kevin Van Geem (associate professor) is member of the Laboratory for Chemical Technology of Ghent University. Thermochemical reaction engineering in general and in particular the transition from fossil to renewable resources are his main research interests. He is a former Fulbright Research Scholar of MIT and directs the Pilot plant for steam cracking and pyrolysis. He is the author of more than hundred scientific publications and has recently started his own spin-off company.
He is involved in on-line and off-line analysis of complex petrochemical and biochemical samples using comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography. Pyrolysis, detailed kinetic modeling, process, scale-up, modeling, and ant-fouling technology belong to his main expertise.
Universiteit Gent, Belgium