Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part I: Science
- General introduction
- Microstructure and Properties
- Work hardening – Mechanisms and theories
- Softening mechanisms
- Alternative deformation mechanisms
- Phase transformations during thermo-mechanical processing
- Textural developments during thermo-mechanical processing
- Residual stress
- Modelling of texture and microstructural evolution Part II: Technology
- Forming Techniques
- Defects in TMP
- Physical Simulation of Properties Part III: Case Studies
- Thermo-mechanical processing of aluminium alloys
- Thermo-mechanical processing of steel tyres
- Thermo-mechanical processing of hexagonal alloys
- New Technologies
Thermo-Mechanical Processing of Metallic Materials describes the science and technology behind modern thermo-mechanical processing (TMP), including detailed descriptions of successful examples of its application in the industry. This graduate-level introductory resource aims to fill the gap between two scientific approaches and illustrate their successful linkage by the use of suitable modern case studies.
The book is divided into three key sections focusing on the basics of metallic materials processing. The first section covers the microstructural science base of the subject, including the microstructure determined mechanical properties of metals. The second section deals with the current mechanical technology of plastic forming of metals. The concluding section demonstrates the interaction of the first two disciplines in a series of case studies of successful current TMP processing and looks ahead to possible new developments in the field.
This text is designed for use by graduate students coming into the field, for a graduate course textbook, and for Materials and Mechanical Engineers working in this area in the industry.
- Covers both physical metallurgy and metals processing
- Links basic science to real everyday applications
- Written by four internationally-known experts in the field
Graduate students and professionals in Materials Science and Engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2007
- 7th June 2007
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Materials Centre, Ecole des Mines de Saint-Etienne, France
Dept. Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, India
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.