Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
2. Ceramic topcoat materials
3. Metallic bondcoat materials
4. Interdiffusion and diffusion barrier
5. Thermal Barrier Coatings prepared by electron beam physical vapor deposition
6. Thermal Barrier Coatings prepared by atmospheric plasma spray
7. Thermal Barrier Coatings prepared by suspension and solution precursor plasma spray
8. Thermal Barrier Coatings prepared by plasma spray physical vapor deposition
9. Failure mechanisms
10. CMAS degradation and protection
11. Testing methods and facilities
12. Non-destructive evaluation (NDE) of the failure of thermal barrier coatings
13. Lifetime prediction
14. Next generation of TBC (Thermally environmental barrier coatings)
Thermal Barrier Coatings, Second Edition plays a critical role in counteracting the effects of corrosion and degradation of exposed materials in high-temperature environments such as gas turbine and aero-engines. This updated edition reviews recent advances in the processing and performance of thermal barrier coatings, as well as their failure mechanisms. Novel technologies for the manufacturing of thermal barrier coatings (TBCs) such as plasma spray-physical vapor deposition and suspension plasma spray, are covered, as well as severe degradation of TBCs caused by CMAS attack. In addition to discussions of new materials and technologies, an outlook about next generation TBCs, including T/EBCs is discussed.
This edition will provide the fundamental science and engineering of thermal barrier coatings for researchers in the field of TBCs, as well as students looking for a tutorial.
- Includes coverage of emerging materials, such as rare-earth doped ceramics
- Presents the latest on plasma spray-physical vapor deposition and suspension (solution precursor)
- Discusses the degradation of TBCs caused by CMAS attack and its protection
- Looks at thermally environmental barrier coatings, interdiffusion and diffusion barrier
Professional engineers in such industries as energy production, aerospace, and chemical engineering as well as academic researchers in materials
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st November 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Hongbo Guo is an Associate Professor in the School of Material Science and Engineering at Beihang University (formerly Beijing University of Aeronautics), China. He is noted for his research on high-temperature corrosion and coating technology.
Associate Professor, School of Material Science and Engineering, Beihang University, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.