A brand-new title in the field of dermatology, Therapy for Severe Psoriasis provides the ultimate coverage of the treatment options available for today's most serious cases, including biologics and oral therapies. It features discussions of the newest drug therapies, recent FDA-approved biosimilars, and combination approaches to care, while an overview chapter was designed to aid those new to the field in understanding the nuances of difficult-to-treat subtypes of psoriasis. Comprehensive and focused, Therapy for Severe Psoriasis will be a welcome addition to the library of any dermatologist seeking in-depth information on the challenges of this condition.
- Each of the 16 chapters includes either an in-depth focus on a single therapy or an overview of a unique aspect of psoriasis, including: UVB therapy, methotrexate, acitretin, cyclosporine, apremilast, etanercept, infliximab, adalimumab, ustekinumab, secukinumab, and ixekizumab.
- Takes an evidence-based approach to hard-to-treat severe psoriasis.
- Discusses the newest drug therapies (such as ixekizumab), plus recent FDA-approved biosimilars, a topic unique to this particular psoriasis text.
- Presents combination approaches for instances when standard treatments are not successful.
- Includes an overview chapter to help beginners understand the nuances of the disorder.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2017
- 30th November 2016
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Founder and Course Director, San Diego Dermatology Symposium; Founder and CEO Dermatology Research and Education Foundation Irvine, California, USA
Professor of Dermatology, Departments of Dermatology, Pathology and Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Professor and Chair, Kimberly and Eric J. Waldman Department of Dermatology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.