Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Rational Design of Liquid Formulations of Proteins
Mark C. Manning, Jun Liu, Tiansheng Li and Ryan E. Holcomb
2. Therapeutic Monoclonal Antibodies Delivery for the Glioblastoma Treatment
Flávia Sousa, Rui P. Moura, Elias Moreira, Cláudia Martins and Bruno Sarmento
3. Dynamical Behavior of Somatostatin-14 and Its Cyclic Analogues as Analyzed in Bulk and on Plasmonic Silver Nanoparticles
Belén Hernández, Yves-Marie Coïc, Eduardo López-Tobar, Santiago Sanchez-Cortes, Bruno Baron, Fernando Pflüger, Sergei G. Kruglik, Régis Cohen and Mahmoud Ghomi
4. Transglutaminase and Sialyltransferase Enzymatic Approaches for Polymer Conjugation to Proteins
Katia Maso, Antonella Grigoletto and Gianfranco Pasut
5. Chimeric Small Antibody Fragments as Strategy to Deliver Therapeutic Payloads
Sandra Aguiar, Joana Dias, Ana M. Manuel, Roberto Russo, Pedro M. P. Gois, Frederico A. da Silva and Joao Goncalves
6. Smart Cell-Penetrating Peptide-Based Techniques for Intracellular Delivery of Therapeutic Macromolecules
Yang He, Feng Li and Yongzhuo Huang
7. In Silico Tools and Databases for Designing Peptide-Based Vaccine and Drugs
Salman S. Usmani, Rajesh Kumar, Sherry Bhalla, Vinod Kumar and
Gajendra P.S. Raghava
8. Protein and Peptides for Elderly Health
Nan Shang, Chalamaiah Meram, Nandika Bandara and Jianping Wu
9. Peptide Derivates of Erythropoietin in the Treatment of Neuroinflammation and Neurodegeneration
Ilkcan Ercan, Kemal U. Tufekci, Ezgi Karaca, Sermin Genc and Kursad Genc
10. The Structure/Function Relationship in Antimicrobial Peptides: What Can we Obtain From Structural Data?
Marlon H. Cardoso, Karen G. N. Oshiro, Samilla B. Rezende, Elizabete S. Cândido and Octávio L. Franco
11. Linear Analogues of Lipopeptide Battacin With Potent In Vitro Activity Against S. aureus
Hugh D. Glossop, Esperanza Pearl, Gayan H. De Zoysa and Vijayalekshmi Sarojini
Therapeutic Proteins and Peptides, Volume 112 in an ongoing series promotes further research in the discovery of new therapeutic targets that can be affected by therapeutic proteins and peptides to cure or manage symptoms of human diseases, with this release focusing on the Rational Design of Stable Liquid Formulations of Biopharmaceuticals, Formulation strategies for peptides, proteins and antibodies using nanotechnology, the Solution structural dynamics of therapeutic peptides and their adsorption on plasmonic nanoparticles, Enzymatic approaches of protein-polymer conjugation, Chimeric small antibody fragments as a strategy to deliver therapeutic payloads, Smart cell-penetrating peptide-based techniques for cytoplasmic delivery of therapeutic macromolecules, and more.
- Describes advances in the discovery and application of therapeutic proteins/peptides which allow better targeting to the site of treatment and cause fewer adverse effects when compared to chemical compounds used for disease treatment
- Targeted to a very wide audience of specialists, researchers and students
- Written by well-renown authorities in their field
- Includes a number of high quality illustrations, figures and tables
Pharmacologists, protein chemists, formulation specialists, medical doctors, cell biologists, immunologists, structural biologists, computational biochemists and other researchers working in this field. Articles published here would also be of a great benefit to medical, biology and pharmacology students specializing in this field
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 20th April 2018
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Rossen Donev received his PhD degree in 1999 from the Institute of Molecular Biology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. He did postdoctoral training at Imperial Cancer Research Fund, UK (renamed after the merger with Cancer Research Campaign to Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute) and Cardiff University. In 2007 he was awarded a New Investigator Grant Award from the Medical Research Council (UK) to establish himself as an independent Principle Investigator. In 2010 Dr. Donev was appointed Senior Lecturer at Swansea University. In 2016 Dr. Donev joined MicroPharm Ltd (UK) where currently he is Head of Research. He has published more than 60 research papers, chaired scientific meetings and given invited plenary talks. Rossen Donev has consulted on projects related to development of treatments for neurodevelopmental disorders and cancer therapies. He serves as Editor-in-Chief of the Advances in Protein Chemistry and Structural Biology and on editorial board of several other journals. His research interests include signaling pathways involved in neuropsychiatric disorders and tumor escape from the immune system, and development of therapeutic strategies for their treatment. More recently he has focused on development of immunotherapeutics for non-systemic applications.
Swansea University, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.