Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Generalized Functions, Volume 3: Theory of Differential Equations focuses on the application of generalized functions to problems of the theory of partial differential equations.
This book discusses the problems of determining uniqueness and correctness classes for solutions of the Cauchy problem for systems with constant coefficients and eigenfunction expansions for self-adjoint differential operators. The topics covered include the bounded operators in spaces of type W, Cauchy problem in a topological vector space, and theorem of the Phragmén-Lindelöf type. The correctness classes for the Cauchy problem, systems that are Petrovski?-correct, and generalized eigenfunctions of self-adjoint operators are also reviewed. This text likewise covers the differentiation of functionals of strongly and weakly bounded variation.
This volume is beneficial to students and researchers interested in the theory of differential equations.
Preface to the Russian Edition
Chapter I Spaces of Type W
2. Bounded Operators in Spaces of Type W
3. Fourier Transforms
4. The Case of Several Variables
Chapter II Uniqueness Classes for the Cauchy Problem
2. The Cauchy Problem in a Topological Vector Space
3. The Cauchy Problem for Systems of Partial Differential Equations. The Operator Method
4. The Cauchy Problem for Systems of Partial Differential Equations. The Method of Fourier Transforms
6. The Connection Between the Reduced Order of a System and its Characteristic Roots
7. A Theorem of the Phragmén-Lindelöf Type
Appendix 1. Convolution Equations
Appendix 2. Equations with Coefficients Which Depend on x
Appendix 3. Systems with Elliptic Operators
Chapter III Correctness Classes for the Cauchy Problem
2. Parabolic Systems
3. Hyperbolic Systems
4. Systems Which are Petrovskiĭ-Correct
5. On the Solutions of Incorrect Systems
Chapter IV Generalized Eigenfunction Expansions
2. Differentiation of Functionals of Strongly Bounded Variation
3. Differentiation of Functionals of Weakly Bounded Variation
4. Existence and Completeness Theorems for the System of Eigenfunctionals
5. Generalized Eigenfunctions of Self-Adjoint Operators
6. The Structure of the Generalized Eigenfunctions
7. Dynamical Systems
Notes and References
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1967
- 1st January 1967
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.