Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Theory and Methods of Metallurgical Process Integration analyzes the basic elements and characteristics of steel manufacturing processes and operation, also proposing a theory of precise dynamic design and integration of steel plants. Following several case studies, a new generation steel manufacturing process is proposed.
Through deep description and analysis of the dynamic operation of the steel manufacturing process, this book can help readers understand that the study of dynamic integration for the "mass-energy-time-space-information" during the steel manufacturing process has to be highly emphasized in order to further promote optimization of the steel manufacturing process and plant.
- Extends the research methodology and future direction of the metallurgical process
- Concentrates on the study of the physical essence and the running rules of the dynamic operation of the steel manufacturing process
- Summarizes six rules for the dynamic operation of the steel manufacturing process for newly-built or existing steel plants, which provides useful guidance for engineering design, production technology, and production and technology management
Teachers and students in the field of metallurgy and materials in colleges and universities; Senior engineers in iron and steel research institutes; R&D staff, managers and directors in steel plants.
- Author Biography
- Chapter 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Dynamism
- 1.2 Structurity
- 1.3 Continuity
- 1.4 Embedding
- 1.5 Synergism
- 1.6 Functionalism
- Chapter 2. Concept and Theory of Dynamic Operation of the Manufacturing Process
- 2.1 Process System and Basic Concepts
- 2.2 Process Engineering and Manufacturing Process Engineering
- 2.3 Physical Essence of Dynamic Operation of the Manufacturing Process System
- 2.4 Operation Process and Physical Levels of Dynamic Process System
- 2.5 Evolution of Thermodynamics
- 2.6 Open System and Dissipative Structure
- Chapter 3. Basic Elements of Dynamic Operation of the Steel Manufacturing Process
- 3.1 “Flow” in the Manufacturing Processes—Mass Flow, Energy Flow, Information Flow
- 3.2 Relationship Between Mass Flow and Energy Flow
- 3.3 Mass Flow/Energy Flow and Information Flow
- 3.4 “Network” of Manufacturing Process
- 3.5 “Program” of Manufacturing Process Running
- 3.6 Dissipation in Dynamic-Orderly Operation System
- 3.7 Forms and Connotation of Time Factors in Steel Manufacturing Process
- 3.8 Contents and Objectives for Dynamic Operation of Steel Manufacturing Process
- Chapter 4. Characteristics and Analysis of the Dynamic Operation of Steel Manufacturing Process
- 4.1 Research Method of Dynamic Operation Process
- 4.2 Dynamic Operation and Structure Optimization of Process System
- 4.3 Self-Organization of Manufacturing Process and Hetero-Organization with Information
- 4.4 Dynamic Operation of Mass Flow and Time-Space Management
- 4.5 Function and Behavior of Energy Flow, and Energy Flow Network in the Steel Manufacturing Process
- Chapter 5. Dynamic Tailored Design and Integration Theory of Steel Plants
- 5.1 Traditional Design and its Present Status
- 5.2 Engineering Design
- 5.3 Design Theory and Methodology for Steel Plants
- 5.4 Dynamic Tailored Design for Steel Plant
- 5.5 Integration and Structure Optimization
- Chapter 6. Case Study
- 6.1 Process Structure Optimization in Steel Plant and BF Enlargement
- 6.2 Interface Technology Between BF–BOF and Multifunctional Hot Metal Ladle
- 6.3 De[S]–De[Si]/[P] Pretreatment and High-Efficiency and Low-Cost Clean Steel Production Platform
- 6.4 Optimization of Interface Technology Between CC and Bar Rolling Mill
- Appendix A Turnover Time Statistics of Steel Ladle in No.2 Steelmaking and Hot Rolling Plant in Tangsteel
- Chapter 7. Engineering Thinking and a New Generation of Steel Manufacturing Process
- 7.1 Engineering Thinking
- 7.2 Engineering Evolution
- 7.3 Thinking and Study of a New Generation of the Steel Manufacturing Process
- 7.4 Development Direction of Metallurgical Engineering in the View of Engineering Philosophy
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2016
- 26th May 2016
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Ruiyu Yin graduated from University of Science & Technology Beijing in 1957, and has more than 50 year experiences on metallurgical engineering. He worked for National Bureau of Metallurgical Engineering of China as an engineer, researcher, manager and vice-minister for a long time. Since 1990’s, he paid his efforts to the popularization of key iron making and steelmaking technologies in China, such as continuous casting, PCI, technology for the elongation of BF campaigns, continuous rolling of long products, slag splashing and comprehensive energy savings by means of structure optimizing of production process. He proposed three functions of steel plants: steel product manufacturing, high efficient energy transformation and recycling of industrial wastes. Since the year of 2000, he plays an important role in designing and establishment of new generation steel manufacturing processes. He also engaged in the study of engineering philosophy and published 3 books, Metallurgical Process Engineering, Philosophy of Engineering and Theory of Engineering Evolution.
Professor, China Iron and Steel Research Institute, Academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, Honorary President of the China Society for Metals
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.