@bul:* Details state-of-the-art zebrafish protocols in a single-source reference
* Presents methods and reagents in user-friendly format
* Delineates critical steps and pitfalls of he procedures
* Illustrates techniques with full-color plates
* Summarizes many new and interesting developmental mutants
* Includes appendices with strain information and a compendium of zebrafish World Wide Web sites
* Relevant to clinicians interested in vertebrate models of human congenital diseases
Table of Contents
H.W. Detrich and L. Zon, Overview of the Zebrafish System.
D. Kane, Early Embryonic Development.
Cull Culture and General Methods:
D. Barnes, Zebrafish Embryonal Cell Culture.
B. Paw and L. Zon, Primary Fibroblast Cell Culture.
G. Corley-Smith, Production of Zebrafish Androgenotes.
Gene Expression and Function in Development:
T. Jowett, Analysis of Protein and Gene Expression.
M. Hammerschmidt, P. Blader and U. Strähle, Strategies to Perturb Zebrafish Development.
S. Ekker and T. Hyatt, Vectors and Techniques for Ectopic Gene Expression in Zebrafish.
H. Sive and Y. Grinblat, Analysis of Zebrafish Development Using Explant Culture Assays.
Early Embryonic Development:
M. Mullins, Embryonic Axis Formation.
M. Cooper, Confocal Microscopic Analysis of Morphogenetic Movements.
L. Solnica-Krezel and J. Topczewski, Cytoskeletal Dynamics of the Zebrafish Embryo.
M. Chem and H.W. Detrich, Kinesin-Like Microtubule Motors in Early Development.
C. Moens, Techniques in Neural Development.
J. Malicki, Development of the Retina.
S. Johnson and P. Bennet, Growth Control in the Ontogenetic and Regenerating Zebrafish Fin.
L. Zon, D. Stainier, and L. Parker, Vascular and Blood Gene Expression.
P. Jagadeeswar and J. Sheehan, Analysis of Hemostasis in Zebrafish.
M. Fishman and Serluca, Cell Lineage Tracing in Heart Development.
I. Dawid, Neurogenesis.
- No. of pages: 391
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1998
- Published: November 24, 1998
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080859576