The Vein Book is a comprehensive reference on veins and venous circulation. In one volume it provides complete, authoritative, and up-to-date information about venous function and dysfunction, bridging the gap between clinical medicine and basic science. It is the single authoritative resource which consolidates present knowledge and stimulates further developments in this rapidly changing field.
* Startling new treatment for venous thromboembolic disease
* Details the condition of varicose veins, spider veins and thread veins and discusses treatment options
* Radically effective treatment of leg ulcer
* Clarification of the pathophysiology of Venous Insufficiency
* Molecular mechanisms in the cause of varicose veins
Researchers and clinicians in phlebology, hematology, cardiology, cosmetic surgery and dermatology; pharmaceutical companies working with anticoagulant products
"Experts from around the world have written the 65 chapters in The Vein Book, which covers all the important topics concerning chronic venous disease and venous thromboembolism. This work will be very useful to both the novice and the expert. It is one of the few books in the field that nicely bridges the gap between basic and clinical science. There are numerous color photographs, beautiful drawings, detailed diagrams, and other illustrations that make the cost of this high-quality volume altogether appropriate.
All in all, this is a comprehensive...work that covers quite thoroughly the many aspects of venous disorders and does so in an interesting and unpedantic fashion."
- Nicos Labropoulos, M.D., University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE