* Teaches concrete, immediately usable skills to practitioners in all kinds of product development organizations-from internal departments to commercial developers to consultants.
* Contains examples of actual software development projects and the ways in which they have benefited from Usability Engineering.
* Deals in specifics, not generalities-provides detailed templates and instructions for every phase of the Usability Engineering lifecycle.
* Pays special attention to Web site development and explains how Usability Engineering principles can be applied to the development of any interactive product.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: User Profiles
Chapter 3: Contextual Task Analysis
Chapter 4: Usability Goal Setting
Chapter 5: Platform Capabilities and Constraints
Chapter 6: General Design Principles
Design Level 1
Chapter 7: Work Reengineering
Chapter 8: Conceptual Model Design
Chapter 9: Conceptual Model Mockups
Chapter 10: Iterative Conceptual Model Evaluation
Design Level 2
Chapter 11: Screen Design Standards
Chapter 12: Screen Design Standards Prototyping
Chapter 13: Iterative Screen Design Standards Evaluation
Chapter 14: Style Guide Development
Design Level 3
Chapter 15: Detailed User Interface Design
Chapter 16: Iterative Detailed User Interface Design Evaluation
Chapter 17: User Feedback
Chapter 18: Promoting and Implementing The Usability Engineering Lifecycle
Chapter 19: Usability Project Planning
Chapter 20: Cost-Justification
Chapter 21: Organizational Roles and Structures
- No. of pages: 560
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Morgan Kaufmann 1999
- Published: March 22, 1999
- Imprint: Morgan Kaufmann
- Paperback ISBN: 9781558605619
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The Usability Engineering Lifecycle"