Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The Theory of Endobiogeny Volume 4: Bedside Handbook concisely presents core elements of the theory and practice of clinical Endobiogeny. It is an essential reference for Endobiogenists and for integrative medicine practitioners looking to expand their practice. Signs, symptoms and biology of function indexes are correlated to each other according to principles of integrative endocrinology and physiology. Over 20 common illnesses are succinctly summarized to be read in under 10 minutes conveying the essence of neuroendocrine causes, mechanisms and effects, followed by prioritization of Endobiogenic treatments based on 40+ years of clinical experience. Finally, for exemplary prescriptions, alternate plants are proposed based on the context of the specific illness. A succinct materia medica summarizes the essence and key role of nearly 80 medicinal plants used in clinical Endobiogeny, offering new insights for experienced prescribers and clear guidance for those new to the usage of medicinal plants.
The Theory of Endobiogeny Volume 4 provides clinicians and researchers with a concise handbook covering the application of Endobiogeny in current clinical practice.
- Quick reference for over 20 common illnesses with suggested Endobiogenic treatments
- Identification of key biology of functions indexes, signs and symptoms for each disorder
- Materia medica with essence and summary of nearly 80 medicinal plants plus trace minerals
- Endobiogenic diets and lifestyle recommendations
Researchers and clinicians interested in systems biology and integrative medicine
Section A - Theory and foundation of clinical practice
1. Theory of endobiogeny
2. Art of the history
3. Art of the physical examination
4. The biology of functions in clinical practice
5. Medicinal plants in practice
6. Therapeutics in Endobiogeny
Section B - Essentials of history, exam and biology of functions
7. Clinical essentials of the autonomic nervous systems
8. A clinical approach to the corticotropic axis
9. Clinical essentials of the gonadotropic axis
10. Clinical essentials of the thyrotropic axis
11. Clinical essentials of the somatotropic axis
12. Spasmophilia: A key to many disorders
13. Hepatic insufficiency
14. Exocrine pancreas
Section C - Assessment and treatment of common disorders
16. Asthma, allergic type
17. Asthma, intrinsic
18. Acute bronchitis, dry cough
19. Acute bronchitis, wet cough
20. Burping (eructation), borborygmus, flatus
21. Constipation, normal transit
22. Constipation, slow transit
23. Colitis, Crohn’s
24. Ulcerative colitis
25. Diarrhea, malabsorption
26. Diarrhea, rapid transit
27. Secretory diarrhea
30. Esophageal varices
31. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
32. Normal menstruation
36. Premenstrual syndromes
37. Otitis media
38. Prostate enlargement with lower urinary tract obstruction
Section D - Essentials of therapeutics
43. Materia Medica
Section E - Essentials of alimentation
44. Endobiogenic diets and nutrition
Appendix 1: Essential physical exam images
Appendix 2: References and resources
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 22nd November 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Kamyar M Hedayat is a global leader in research and training in Endobiogeny and protégé of Dr. Lapraz. A Stanford-trained critical care physician, he has been practicing endobiogenic medicine since 2008. Drs. Hedayat and Lapraz are cofounders of the American Society of Endobiogenic Medicine and Integrative Physiology and copresidents of the Systems Biology Research Group.
Founder and Director, Full Spectrum Health Center, Chicago, Illnois, USA
Jean-Claude Lapraz is a global leader in research and training in Endobiogeny since 1983. Trained in medicine at Paris Descartes University, he is codeveloper of the original teachings of Endobiogeny along with its inventor, Dr. Christian Duraffourd (1943–2017). He has practiced terrain-based medicine since 1972 and Endobiogeny from its inception.
General Practitioner, Private Practice, Paris, France
Ben Schuff is a naturopathic medical doctor (2019), Endobiogenic researcher, and board member of Whole Systems Healthcare, a nonprofit developing holistic, multiscale healthcare models where he explores the role of Endobiogeny within this model
National University of Natural Medicine; Clinical Care Director, Whole Systems Healthcare, Portland, Oregon, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.