Struts is an open-source framework that integrates with standard Java technologies and lets developers build web applications quickly and effectively. In much the same way that Java has overtaken C++, Struts is well poised to become the framework for web application development because of its ability to address the types of issues engineers face when building large-scale web applications.
The Struts Framework: Practical Guide for Java Programmers meets the needs of this large audience--estimated today at 2.5 million Java programmers and growing. It provides the systematic exploration required by newcomers as well as the step-by-step instruction for more experienced readers eager to exploit Struts to the fullest. Devoted to the latest version of the framework (v. 1.1) and vividly illustrated with a thorough sample application throughout, this book is an essential resource for all programmers who want to be part of the next stage in the evolution of the web.
- Hard-to-find, practical coverage from a highly visible figure in the Java development world.
- Among the first books to cover the latest release of Struts, version 1.1.
- Reviews all the technologies comprising Struts, including JavaServer Pages, Servlets, XML, Custom Tags, and web and application servers.
- Teaches readers the development practices-including design, debugging, internationalization, and implementation-essential to Struts development.
- Via a companion web site, provides downloadable sample code and data for use in a Struts-based database application.
Java software engineers and developers, and enterprise programming students
Struts and Enterprise Web Technologies; Framework Components Overview; Struts Development Plan; Creating and Building Actions; Creating and Building ActionForms; Configuring Struts; Building Struts-Enabled JSPs; Working with the Struts Custom Tag Libraries; Internationalizing Your Struts Application; Configuring, Testing, and Rolling out Your Application; Addiction Useful Struts packages and Extensions. Struts 1.1 UML Diagram. Web Resources. Index.
- No. of pages:
- © Morgan Kaufmann 2003
- 19th October 2002
- Morgan Kaufmann
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
@qu:"I heartily endorse this book. Since an early copy of Sue's manuscript hit my desk, it has not left my side and is now well thumbed and gathering coffee stains from regular use." @source:Simon Chappell - Java Programming Specialist with a Fortune 100 company." @qu:"Sue Spielman launches the aspiring Java J2EE programmer on an exciting exploration of Struts based MVC architecture and applies this knowledge in creating a state of the art web application. No 21st Century web software engineering library is complete without this important book." @source:David McClure, Internet Technology Group, Fidelity Investments