*Thorough review with new data and ideas on the magma source region, the magma differentiation processes in both the deep and shallow levels, and the volcanological processes related both to the magma composition and storage depth as well as to the tectonic regime of the volcano growth area
*Up to date estimation of the volcanic hazard in the Aegean area, and a detailed presentation of the present state and the monitoring efforts of the South Aegean active centers
Table of Contents
- 1. Tertiary and Queternary tectonics in the Aegean area (D. Mountrakis).
2. A model of the Aegean geodynamic zone (B. Ranguelov).
3. Upper mantle structure of the Aegean (Greece) derived from phase velocities of fundamental mode Rayleigh waves (I. Kassaras, K. Makropoulos).
4. Deep structure and active tectonics of the Southern Aegean volcanic arc (B.C. Papazachos et al.).
5. A west-east traverse along the magmatism of the South Aegean volcanic arc in the light of volcanological, chemical and isotope data (L. Francalanci et al.).
6. The South Aegean active volcanic arc: relationships between magmatism and tectonics (G. Pe-Piper, D.J.W. Piper).
7. Our bubbling earth (R.D. Schuiling).
8. Magmatic evolution processes as recorded in plagioclase phenocrysts of Nea Kameni rocks (Santorini volcano, Greece) (A.P. Santo).
9. Volcanic hazards in the Aegean area, relative risk evaluation and monitoring state of the active volcanic centers (G.E. Vougioukalakis, M. Fytikas).
10. Recent seismic activity (1994-2002) of the Santorini volcano using data from local seismological network (I.M. Dimitriadis et al.).
11. Geodetic evidence for slow, small scale inflation of the Santorini caldera (S.C. Stiros, A. Chasapis, V. Kontogianni).
12. Long-term prediction of the next eruption in Thera volcano from conditional probability estimates
(G.A. Papadopoulos, K. Orfanogiannaki).
13. Late-Holocene coastal uplift in the Nisyros volcano (SE Aegean Sea): Evidence for a probable new phase of slow shallow intrusive activity (S.C. Stiros et al.).
14. Investigating the formation of a superficial fracture on Nisyros Island, Greece with the DC resistivity method (D. Galanopoulos, G. Kolettis).
15. Gravity monitoring of Nisyros volcano activity: 2001-2003 preliminary results
(M. Di Filippo, B. Toro).
16. Real time monitoring of gas-geochemical parameters in Nisyros fumaroles (M. Teschner et al.).
17. The Vani manganese deposit, Milos island, Greece: A fossil stratabound Mn-Ba-Pb-Zn-As-Sb-W-rich hydrothermal deposit (G.P. Glasby et al.).
18. An FT-Raman, Raman and FTIR study of hydrothermally altered volcanic rocks from Kos Island (Southeastern Aegean, Greece) (D. Papoulis et al.).
19. Rhyolitic dikes of Paros Island, Cyclades (A. Hannappel, T. Reischmann).
20. Investigation of non-pristine volcanic structures acting as probable hosts to epithermal gold mineralization in the back arc region of the active Aegean Arc, used combined satellite imagery and field data: examples from Lesvos volcanic terrain (C. Vamvoukakis et al.).
21. Tertiary high-Mg volcanic rocks from Western Anatolia and their geodynamic significance for the evolution of the Aegean area (S. Agostini et al.).
22. A mathematical model for the morphological evolution of a volcano on an island (G.A. Skianis, D. Vaiopoulos, V. Tsarbos).
- No. of pages: 398
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2005
- Published: September 13, 2005
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080457574
About the Editors
Affiliations and Expertise
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The South Aegean Active Volcanic Arc"