Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The Role of Alternative and Innovative Food Ingredients and Products in Consumer Wellness provides a guide for innovative food ingredients and food products. The book covers consumer wellness as it relates to food ingredients and functional foods, alternative ingredients, food products fortified with extracts derived from food processing by-products, food products based on Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and their health effects, selected superfoods and related super diets, edible insects, microalgae as health ingredients for functional foods and spirulina related products, fruit-based functional foods, pro- and pre-biotics, gluten-free products, and bioaromas.
Food scientists, food technologists and nutrition researchers working on food applications and food processing will find this book extremely useful. In addition, those interested in the development of innovative products and functional foods will also benefit from this reference, as will students who study food chemistry, food science, technology, and food processing in postgraduate programs.
- Connects integrally new and reconsidered food ingredients with innovative food products
- Addresses consumer wellness as it relates to food ingredients and functional foods
- Analyzes food products and processes with the highest market potential
Nutrition researchers, food scientists, technologists, engineers, and chemists working in food science; new product developers; researchers, academics and professionals working in the food industry. The book could also be used in postgraduate programs focused on food chemistry, food science and technology and food processing
- Wellness Ingredients and Functional Foods
2. Fruit-based Functional Foods
3. The Concept of Superfoods in Diet
4. Microalgae as Healthy Ingredients for Functional Foods
5. Edible Insects and Related Products
6. Low Glycemic Index Ingredients and Modified Starches In Food Products
7. Products Based on Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids & Health Effects
8. Gluten-free Products
9. Food Industry Processing By-products in Foods
10. Pro- and Prebiotic Foods that Modulate Human Health
11. Production and Recovery of Bioaromas Synthesized by Microorganisms
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 19th July 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Charis M. Galanakis is a multidisciplinary scientist in agricultural sciences as well as food and environmental science, technology, and sustainability, with experience in both industry and academia. He is the research and innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories in Chania, Greece, an adjunct professor of King Saud University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and the director of Food Waste Recovery Group (SIG5) of ISEKI Food Association in Vienna, Austria. He pioneered the new discipline of food waste recovery and has established the most prominent innovation network in the field. He also serves as a senior consultant for the food industry and expert evaluator for international and regional funded programs and proposals. He is an editorial board member of Food and Bioproducts Processing, Food Research International, Foods, and Molecules, has edited over 30 books, and has published hundreds of research articles, reviews, monographs, chapters, and conference proceedings.
Galanakis Laboratories, Chania, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.