Urinary tract structure and infection. Body fluids, nephron function and diuretics. Water balance and regulation of osmolarity. Acid-base balance and regulation of pH. Glomerular filtration and acute kidney injury. Proteinuria and the nephrotic syndrome. Glomerulonephritis and the acute nephritic syndrome. Diabetic nephropaphy and chronic kidney disease. End stage kidney disease and replacement of renal function. Hypertension and the kidney. Pregnancy and the kidney. Urinary tract obstruction and stones. Renal masses and urinary tract tumours. Drugs and the kidney.
- One of the seven volumes in the Systems of the Body series.
- Concise text covers the core anatomy, physiology and biochemistry in an integrated manner as required by system- and problem-based medical courses.
- The basic science is presented in the clinical context in a way appropriate for the early part of the medical course.
- There is a linked website providing self-assessment material ideal for examination preparation.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2010
- 5th February 2010
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Emeritus Professor, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, Australia
Professor of Medicine, Royal North Shore Hospital, St. Leonards, NSW, Australia, Department of Medicine, University of Syndey, Australia
Associate Professor of Medicine, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW, Australia, Department of Medicine, University of Syndey, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.