* Course text for the Certified Protection Officer (CPO) Program
* Includes all new sections on information security, terrorism awareness, and first response during crises
Guard companies, individual corporations or institutions (hospitals and schools) that train private security forces.
Table of Contents
- Introduction; Code of Ethics; Chapter Summary Review; Unit One: The Evolution of Asset Protection and Security. Unit Two: Field Notes and Report Writing; Observation Skills and Memory; Patrol Techniques; Safety and the Protection Officer; Traffic Control; Crowd Control. Unit Three : Physical Security; Basic Alarm Systems; Central Alarm Stations and Dispatch Centers; Access Control. Unit Four : Introduction to Computer Security; Information Security; Unit Five : Explosive Devices, Bomb Threats and Search Procedures; Fire Prevention, Detection and Response; Hazardous Materials; Protection Officers and Emergency Response : Legal and Operational Procedures Unit Six : Strikes, Lockouts and Labor Relations; Workplace Violence; Employee Dishonesty, Crime in Business; Substance Abuse; Unit Seven : Effective Communications; Crisis Intervention; Security Awareness; Environmental Crime Control Theory; Unit Eight : Operational Risk Management; Emergency Planning and Disaster Control; Terrorism; Counter Terrorism and VIP Protection; Weapons of Mass Destruction : The NBC Threats; Unit Nine : Crime Scene Procedures; Surveillance; Interviewing Techniques; Investigation : Concepts and Practices for Security Professionals; Unit Ten: Legal Aspects of Security; Protection Officer Law (U.S.); Protection Officer Law (Canadian); Unit Eleven : Use of Force; Defensive Tactics and Officer Safety; Apprehension and Detention Procedures; Unit Twelve : Public Relations; Police and Security Liaison; Ethics and Professionalism; Appendix
- No. of pages: 315
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Butterworth-Heinemann 2003
- Published: September 2, 2003
- Imprint: Butterworth-Heinemann
- eBook ISBN: 9780080497907
About the Author
IFPO publications include The Protection Officer Training Manual, now in its 7th edition, and Security Supervision and Management: The Theory and Practice of Asset Protection.
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The Protection Officer Training Manual"