Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The Principles and Techniques of Engineering Estimating explains the procedures relating to the field of engineering estimating. Organized into 15 chapters, this book begins with an explanation of the meaning and scope of estimating. Subsequent chapters discuss the development of forms and types of estimates, basic steps in estimating, engineering estimating elements, work measurement, and estimating for mass production. Other chapters explain the aids to estimating, drawing technology, the importance of human relations, capital cost estimating, investment appraisal, and corporate strategy. This book will be very useful to any manager, student or estimator.
1. Meaning and Scope of Estimating
2. Developing and Types of Estimates
3. Basic Steps in Estimating
4. Engineering Estimating Elements
5. Work Measurement
6. Estimating for Mass Production as Experienced in the Automobile Industry
7. Aids to Estimating
8. Drawing Technology
9. The Importance of Human Relations
10. Estimating and the Computer
11. Capital Cost Estimating
12. Investment Appraisal
13. Research and Development
14. Corporate Strategy
15. Education and the Estimator
1. Section Cut-off Chart
2. German and Swedish Technical Translations
3. Nomograph of Pipework (Mr S. Kirkham)
4. Nomograph of Pipework (Mr S. Kirkham)
5. Basic Flow Patterns
6. Inside Cylinder of a Steam Locomotive
7. Outside Cylinder of a Steam Locomotive
8. Project Flow Sheet. Free Flowing Bulk Sugar Storage System
- No. of pages:
- © Pergamon 1976
- 1st January 1976
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.