- Covers a variety of learning theories and concepts, as well as strategies for applying them in patient teaching.
- Uses evidence-based patient education practice, with extensive citations to the research base.
- Presents key issues in patient education such as literacy, use of patient decision aids, and multiple patient conditions for which organized patient education should be developed.
- Includes study questions with suggested answers.
2. Educational Objectives and Instruction
3. Evaluation in Patient Education
4. Cancer Patient Education
5. Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Patient Education
6. Diabetes Self-Management Education
7. Education for Pregnancy and Parenting, and Educating Children
8. Other Areas of Patient Education Practice
9. Patient Education Delivery, Health Policy and New Directions
Appendix A: Suggested Answers to Study Questions
Appendix B: Additional Study Aids