This text presents a logical approach to the examination. It features information on the assessment and treatment of the pelvic region and its related disorders that comes straight from real-world practice and research. The book summarizes the findings of the research and relates it to clinical practice through the presentation of examination techniques and guidelines for treatment. The material in this book, from a practitioner currently involved in research in the field, is completely up-to-date and theoretically sound.
- Reputation of the author as a worldwide expert lends the text credibility, as a resource for both clinicians and researchers.
- Contemporary information demonstrates the relevance of the academic research to all those working with low back pain.
- Highly illustrated descriptions of exercises for back pain treatment and prevention show the reader exactly what they need to do.
- Fully evidence-based, the book is still practical and clinically relevant in the way that it effectively relates the knowledge to real-world practice.
Glossary of terms. Evolution and comparative anatomy. Embryology, development and aging. Anatomy. Biomechanics of the lumbo-pelvic-hip complex. Pain and dysfunction/ the healing process. Subjective and objective examination. Lumbosacral junction: clinical syndromes. The pelvic girdle: clinical syndromes. The hip: clinical syndromes. Muscles, posture and ergonomics. References. Index.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2004
- 26th June 2004
- Churchill Livingstone
- Hardcover ISBN:
Diane Lee & Associates, Consultants in Physiotherapy, Surrey BC, Canada.