Here is a comprehensive and up-to-date source on the origins, diagnosis, and management of glaucomas in children. The authors balance evidence-based management guidelines with perspectives from their abundant direct clinical experience. Coverage includes the most recent advances in genetics, medical therapy, and surgical treatment...long-term management...treatment of intractable glaucomas...and other timely topics.
- Explores the newest knowledge about epidemiology and genetics · medical therapies · surgical management · management of refractory glaucoma · long-term management · penetrating keratoplasty or aphakia/ pseudophakia in children with glaucoma · and much more.
- Combines evidence-based recommendations with the authors' expert observations and opinions.
- Reviews important historical developments in pediatric glaucoma treatment.
- Reflects the most recent terminology and classifications in the field.
- Uses full-color clinical photographs and line drawings to illustrate important visual concepts.
- Offers comprehensive references, as well as tables and figures that summarize information from the literature at a glance.
- Historical Perspective of Developmental Glaucomas
2. Terminology and Classification of Developmental Glaucomas
3. Embryologic Basis of Developmental Glaucomas
4. Epidemiology and Genetics of Developmental Glaucomas
5. Pathology and Pathogenesis of Developmental Glaucomas
6. Primary Congenital Glaucoma
7. Secondary Congenital Glaucoma
8. Overview of the Management of Developmental Glaucomas
9. Medical Therapy of Pediatric Glaucoma
10. Initial Surgical Treatment of Congenital Glaucoma
11. Simultaneous Surgery for Bilateral Congenital Glaucoma
12. Management of Refractory Pediatric Glaucoma
13. Penetrating Keratoplasty in Children with Developmental Glaucomas
14. Glaucomas in Aphakia and Pseudophakia after Congenital Cataract Surgery
15. Management of Residual Vision in Pediatric Glaucoma
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2006
- 28th September 2005
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Director, Jasti Ramanamma Children's Eye Care Centre, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India
Siegal Professor of Ophthalmology and Director of Glaucoma Service, Hamilton Eye Institute, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, TN
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.