A comprehensive, one-stop resource on the surgical management of knee disorders in children and adolescents! This state-of-the-art reference examines both acquired and congenital conditions as well as a range of non-surgical problems. Throughout the text, readers will find 250 clinical illustrations, descriptions of the injection areas for the knee, key points, and tips on technique that make practical guidance easy to understand and apply.
- Considers the unique anatomic, physiologic, and psychological characteristics of children and adolescents, and how these characteristics affect diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- Integrates the knowledge and experience of authorities from around the world.
- Reviews non-surgical topics as hemophilia, infections, metabolic conditions, and neurological disorders
- Reveals "how the experts do it"-whether it's a rehabilitation prescription for patellofemoral pain or drilling for osteochondritis dissecans-in the Technical Notes sections.
- Features many original halftones from the image library at Boston Children's Hospital, Sports Medicine Division.
- Epidemiology of Pediatric Injuries
2. History and Physical Examination
4. Biology and Gene Therapy
5. Growth & Development
7. Sports Physiology & Strength Training
8. Psychology of Sports Injury and Rehabilitation
9. Primary Care
10. Pre-Participation Examination
11. Performance Enhancing Drugs
12. Special Concerns of the Female Athlete
13. Physical Therapy/Rehabilitation
14. Operating Room/Equipment
15. Anesthetic Considerations
16. Patellofemoral Dysfunction
17. Patellar Tendinitis
18. Osgood-Schlatter/ Sinding-Larsen Johannsen
19. Knee Fractures
20. Meniscal Injuries
21. Discoid Lateral Meniscus
22. Osteochondritis Dissecans
23. Chondral Injuries & Osteochondral Fractures
24. ACL Injuries
25. Ligament Injuries
26. Tibial Spine Fracture
27. Congenital Knee Deformities
28. Angular Deformity/ Blount's Disease
31. Complex Regional Pain Syndrome/ RSD
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2006
- 17th March 2006
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Director Division of Sports Medicine, Associate in Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Children's Hospital; Associate Clinical Professor, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
MPH Assistant in Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Sports Medicine Children's Hospital; Instructor Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA