Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The Offshore Pipeline Construction Industry: Activity Modeling and Cost Estimation in the United States Gulf of Mexico presents the latest technical concepts and economic calculations, helping engineers make better business decisions. The book covers flow assurance, development strategies on pipeline requirements and the construction service side with a global perspective. In addition, it focuses on one of the most underdeveloped, promising assets – the Gulf of Mexico. Pipeline construction and decommissioning estimation methods are examined with reliable data presented. A final section covers trends for oil, gas, bulk oil, bulk gas, service and umbilical pipelines for installation and decommissioning using correlation models.
This book delivers a much-needed tool for the pipeline engineer to better understand the economical choices and alternatives to designing, constructing, and operating today’s offshore pipelines.
- Built with construction and decommissioning decision tools supported by reliable data and case studies
- Organized by parts, including a section devoted to Gulf of Mexico statistics and estimation methods
- Helps readers gain practical knowledge on strategies and cost models from a global pipeline perspective, including environmental and mitigation considerations
Pipeline Engineers, subsea engineers, pipeline technicians, pipeline and offshore operators
Part 1. Background
2. Flow Assurance Issues
3. Offshore Field Development
4. Deepwater Pipeline Routing
Part 2. Offshore Construction Service Industry
5. Vessel Specifications
6. World Pipelay Fleet circa 2019
7. Pipelay Contractor Business Profiles
8. Business Models and Risk Factors
Part 3. Construction and Decommissioning Cost
9. Pipeline Cost Estimation
10. Gulf of Mexico Pipeline Construction Cost
11. Decommissioning Workflows
12. Gulf of Mexico Pipeline Decommissioning Cost
Part 4. Pipeline Networks, Activity Statistics and Correlations
13. Pipeline Network Structure
14. Pipeline Characteristics and Source Data
15. Gulf of Mexico Pipeline Activity Statistics
16. Gulf of Mexico Pipeline Correlations
A. Offshore Development Records
B. Worked Examples
C. OCS Regulatory Framework
D. Pipeline Tariff Rates
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2020
- 8th April 2020
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Mark Kaiser is Marathon Professor and Director of the Research and Development Division at the Center for Energy Studies at Louisiana State University. His areas of expertise include cost estimation, decommissioning, fiscal systems, offshore infrastructure and service industries, refining, and regulatory modeling.
Professor and Director, Center for Energy Studies at Louisiana State University, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.